1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Stoner/DOOM Bassists thread part 36 - Old School Death Metal Wannabes

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ampegfuzz, Nov 18, 2012.

1. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

Thats enough for now. lots of these tunes have some killer bass tone.
  2. twhitedc

twhitedc Supporting Member

3. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality Supporting Member

4. Sartori

Sartori

5. Moloch666

Moloch666

From the last thread...

Saw that a while back in a bigger sale except it was $10 cheaper. Small footprint Big Muff? Yes please. (Kinda need one for my pedalboard now that I've been using one at band practice!)

I'm still kinda reeling in surprise that I saw them too. Absolutely amazing live band! It was a real treat seeing them hammer out Rather Be Dead, Hook Line and Sinker and Refused are Fvcking Dead. I got into them well after they broke up, very influential in my more aggressive music projects.

There was a bit of talk about wah pedals which has only fuelled my GAS for a Morley PWB... If only I had more money...

Oh, and who was it that I saw was using the Behringer BDI21? Thinking of picking one up as a backup DI or chucking it on my small board as I build it. Any good? I know it's Behringer and it's plastic, but it is cheep - like the budgie.
  6. Kawai-chang

Kawai-chang

7. JoeVictim

JoeVictim

Surprisingly, it is a good piece of equipment. I have taken care of mine and this x-mas marks two years of owning it. Powers well with my 1spot, but I might go back to the supply I bought for it because the new pedals I want creates an issue with only having 8 connectors.
  8. Sartori

Sartori

Not doom, but I love the groove on this song:

9. JoeVictim

JoeVictim

Oh hey Mr Dunwich, do you think that one day down the road there will be that GT pedal thingie you were working on as a rack mountable preamp? Kind of like a better monolith magma?
  10. mc_muench

mc_muench

Havent seen **** all weekened...but took a nice walk through nature, on nature, while listenng to Dopesmoker. That was awesome.
  11. OldCrow

OldCrow

Hah I totally forgot about this band, I have a cd-r of one of their albums from early 2000
  12. Sartori

Sartori

They've been one of my favorites in the last few years.

They've got a lot of groovy mid-tempo stuff on the most recent album.

13. HydrasBreath

HydrasBreath

Are you guys into stuff like Lamp of the Universe at all? The album Acid Mantra is pretty rad. I find I'm really digging eastern influenced/transcendental music lately.
  14. Moloch666

Moloch666

Cool, thanks man. Reckon if they're cheap enough over here it wouldn't hurt my wallet too much to get one even if it only gets used as a backup. Although, with the way I'm going lately and this small pedal board I'm building it might get some heavy use...
  15. Sartori

Sartori

16. HydrasBreath

HydrasBreath

So I just snagged myself a 70's Morley/Tel-Ray PWB in almost immaculate shape off of ebay. I'm pretty pumped. I've always wanted one of those things ever since I started playing bass. I got the "modern version" of it the power wah volume but it's just kind of meh. I use it more as a volume pedal than anything else.

Heard this thing rips though. A PWB plus a supercollider...I'm gonna melt some faces :hyper: :bassist:

check it out here http://www.ebay.ca/itm/VINTAGE-1970...ries&hash=item337d8202f6&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1288
  17. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Welcome to the family of awesome wah's!
  18. Nolifer

Nolifer

I HNNNNNNGH'ed. Thanks a ton!
  19. bassboysam

bassboysam Supporting Member

20. Kawai-chang

Kawai-chang

"Viscous" as in "thick":D?