1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Stoner/DOOM Bassists thread part 38: The Father, The Son, and The Holy Smoke.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Ancient Tone, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Ancient Tone

Ancient Tone

For celebrating Haze and Warship.

[​IMG]
  2. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Records of Existence/PyrE owner
    best ever.

ps... I need a new band!
    and to sell some stuff...
    and a real long walk.... for like 6 months...
    and more fuzz..
    and the ability to do good recordings..
    and...
    and....
    and.....
  3. mc_muench

mc_muench

Smoke em if you got em...

The Dude Abides...
  4. Niff

Niff

this. this is it. this is definitely the thread.

repeating laz's post from the last thread:

i haven't had a GAS attack this bad in a LONG time. i need that one with the ricky bridge pickup.
  5. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

Someone needs to link this in the old thread. Too busy being fat.
  6. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality Supporting Member

That a musician as good as yourself is still bandless makes me sad :(
  7. JoeVictim

JoeVictim

8. eyeballkid

Disclosures:
    laz.. did you see this? its got a green front too!!

yeah.. it makes me real sad.. (for the record, I never tout myself as a good musician.. but thanks for the compliment!!.. Ive grown up around sooo many awesome musicians that Im humble out of a decent sense of reality)... anyway, I went and jammed with some dudes but it was a downer. I answered a craigslist ad too for some guys that seem to be on my wavelength musically, but they only have bedroom gear (not the bondage kind:eek:) and I doubt they would pony up to get the pro gear needed... also, by the time youre our age, if you havent invested in any solid gear it really makes me question what kinda dedication you have to your music/tone if you say youre wanting to be a serious band kind of thing..

( no offense to anyone using starter gear or the like, I used it for years, but its really weird to me to meet guys who are in their mid 30s who sound like they are really serious, but havent even gotten themselves a good guitar yet... i dont understand)

that aside, the way life kicked the shizit out of me lately, i havent had time really for a band, but my god do I miss it... just hoping someting good comes along soon.
  9. mc_muench

mc_muench

Guys...

Guys...

seriously guys.

I think...

I think, I turned into a...

mountain

[​IMG]
  10. eyeballkid

Disclosures:
    ok.. thats the first i listened to em... I dig em.
  11. ampegfuzz

12. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality Supporting Member

Whoa! That's a killer deal on a Dually. Someone should buy it :)

Hope things turn around for you soon man. Sucks life has been so rough on you lately.

And yes, Stoned Jesus is awesome!
  13. Jason Hall

Jason Hall

My mom's Christmas present for me came. She told me I could go ahead and open it. Weeeee! Sounds pretty good so far, better mids than my other bases.
    [​IMG]
  14. change-jug

change-jug

That`s so fricking rad! A vintage Gibby with a Ric pup? I bet it sounds killer.
    I saw that! Really cool bass for a really nice price!

I just spent 7 hours jamming out in front of my stack. I also spent a bunch of time tweaking my pedals(finally got a great sound out of my Oh See Demon). I found a little pocket planner that I`m now using as a sketch pad for all my effect pedal settings. This way I can try new settings and won`t have to worry about trying to remember the original setting. Plus the last few times my little 2 year old niece came over she twisted and turned every knob on my board(damn rug rats!) for sh!ts and giggles. At least I don`t have to worry about that any more.
    I even figured out a setting for running my OSDemon into my Rat Tail for some high gain,gnarly tonez.
    Over all I`m really happy with the results of my afternoon.:bassist::bassist:

I`m also really happy with the results of those misappropriated ADHD meds.;)
  15. Josh Pelican

Josh Pelican

The band's doing another split this summer! This is (sadly) my first big recording. Beyond ****ing stoked.
  16. JoeVictim

JoeVictim

you'll be great! who with?
  17. change-jug

change-jug

That`s awesome! Congrats!
  18. ampegfuzz

Thanks, is just like the first bass I owned. But it's not actual first bass and low on the gigging pole so I'm cutting it loose. Thanks again to beebassdude for letting me relive my past :). I'm trying to dump some stuff to get my jam spot on order. I need a 412 and a drum set.
  19. eyeballkid

Disclosures:
    i'm at an open mic... dude in a band showed up with just his bass, no amp, not even a cord! and its not one of those open mic's where they have a backline... can't imagine being him.

but there's a chic playing "nothing but a hounddog" on ukelele and belting it out like an old church spiritual!! hell yeah!
  20. Fuzzbassian

Fuzzbassian

^We used to do heaps of those open mics when we were 14-15.They knew we were loud,heavy and took a long time to setup (compared to everyone else),so we were always put on last,giving all the nice people time to leave before the not nice music started.
    Should have seen their faces when I moved hte tiny behringer combo aside to fit my 8x10 on stage!