Stoner/DOOM Bassits Pt. 40: oh, I used to listen to them, when I was in 8th grade

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by mc_muench, Dec 18, 2012.

1. mc_muench

mc_muench

DOOM on brothers, church is in session and the reverend is in...

Currently rocking to this...

[​IMG]
  2. Niff

Niff

hahaha. i think we should make it a thing to typo at least one word in each thread title.

guys, i'm in love with the bad idea t-shirts girl.

edit - continued from the previous thread:

i fully plan on learning to use this mystery technology one day. strings, fretboards, scales modes and keys are one thing, but this stuff confuses the ever-living **** out of me and one day i swear i'll master it. and perhaps even use it in a set.
  3. mc_muench

mc_muench

BASSIT! DAMN IT I HAVE FAILED YOUUUUUUU!!!!!
  4. HydrasBreath

HydrasBreath

In case you missed my last post in the other thread.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dozicusmaximus
    Awesome! LSDJ gameboy?

no I use Famitracker. It's as close to a 100% NES sound chip emulation you can get without using the actual hardware which is totally possible to do with this program. Just need to export the files onto a flash cart and an actual NES could play them as long as you mod it to support the Japanese sound expansion chips.

It's stuff I dvck around with for fun cause I love me some old school video games and old school metal music so it seemed like a natural way to incorporate both.
  5. DeadByDawn

DeadByDawn

6. HydrasBreath

HydrasBreath

Yeah it can be slow going to learn tracker language and learn to program on one. I'm assuming LSDJ is pretty similar to Famitracker.

This series of vids is where I started with trackers and pretty much where everyone starts out. It's famitracker but maybe the same stuff would apply to LSDJ.

It's a four part tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwNElW5IEo0

the other parts should be in the related videos.
  7. Corey Y

Corey Y Supporting Member

Stoner/Doom Bassists 41: No Typos This Tim
  8. dozicusmaximus

dozicusmaximus

Cool. Yeah, I was looking at trackers a few months back. I was thinking about buying Renoise, I'm pretty sure they have a lot of old game system samples/chips. Sega and NES are my two favs.
  9. mc_muench

mc_muench

Whos Tim?...oh
  10. HydrasBreath

HydrasBreath

11. JoeVictim

JoeVictim

Deserved repost:
    This is rad!
  12. HydrasBreath

HydrasBreath

Famitracker is free and does NES like no ones business. You can get it here http://famitracker.com/

You'd have to get something else to do SEGA sounds. Milky Tracker might do the trick. I think that one might be free too and I've heard pretty decent things about it as far as trackers go. Haven't used it myself though.
  13. HydrasBreath

HydrasBreath

Thanks. I had planned to just go solo and do all my tunes as chiptunes since I couldn't find any competent musicians where I am. This was back when I was doing fast metal stuff. I was doing covers of classic metal tunes to hone my technique and get better so I could do my own tunes justice.

I never got good enough to do that in my opinion anyways. Programming that stuff is tedious as fvck. Probably worst than doing midi vst drums. Plus I would probably miss actually playing out.

So here I am now doing stoner stuff.
  14. Josh Pelican

Josh Pelican

Huge hip-hop fan.

All week I've been listening to Kool Keith in my car (specifical his Dr. Dooom albums) and yesterday I spun my "Eazy-Duz-It" LP.

Yeah, I kick it oldschool.
  15. JoeVictim

JoeVictim

wow... I know what I am medicating to later...:p
  16. Corey Y

I don't listen to very much hip hop. I like a little bit, but it's not really my thing. Not nearly as much as most of my peers, I think I'm the only guy I know within 10 years of my age who doesn't listen to a lot of it or listened to it a lot in junior high and high school. Of course that was when gangster rap was really big and I was into metal and punk, so I didn't really get into it that much apart from a little bit of the old stuff like Run DMC, Young MC and stuff like that. Even then, very little. Most of my non metal and punk listening was jazz, blues and classic rock.

I'm trying to make up my mind on a Class D power amp, to use along with the forthcoming Dunwich Preamp pedal and my Tech 21 character series based guitar setups. All my tube amps aren't going anywhere, so I'm not concerned about having a tube power amp, just something light and loud to use with all the different modular pedalboard rigs. I'm trying to decide between the Peavey IPR 1600, the Crest Pro-Lite 2.0 or a Carvin model. They're all fairly close in price, Peavey being the cheapest, but I'm a little concerned about the reliability with that one. Seems like there's a lot of stories of them blowing up out there. Though I'm aware that a lot of people misuse and/or misunderstand the realistic ratings of power amps.
  17. Josh Pelican

Josh Pelican

Most of my non-metal music is crust, powerviolence, hip-hop, and bands like Circa Survive.

Oh, Circa Survive. I melt every time I listen to them.
  18. mc_muench

mc_muench

Im planning on the peavey, they have an amazing customer service so if something goes wrong theyll fix it.
  19. Corey Y

Oh that's right, didn't Laz mentioned he had one he was running The Preamp That Shall Not Be Named through? How did Peavey/the retailer take care of you on that one Laz?
  20. JoeVictim

JoeVictim

no love for the drivecore? :bag:

Mine has been awesome.