1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

storage war, sort of

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by shadowtippy, Jul 20, 2013.

1. shadowtippy

shadowtippy

I went to a local storage facility that was auctioning some units . There were only a few of us there and we looked at the units and made "sealed bids" on them. You has one shot at winning and I got lucky with a WTH bid. I got this for $250.

Attached Files:

2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Rusted up early 90's Mustang?
  3. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Thou shall not F*** up the groove Supporting Member

Looks good. Though I never would go for a car.. You know, too much change that things ''under the hood'' are gonna cost you a fortune. But, if you can restore the car for a decent price and then sale it for let's say 6k-9k, you did a very good job :D
  4. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

I would have bid on that. Thats a prime canidate to make into a nasty little street car.
  5. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

Correction: rusted up mid 90's mustang. That's the SN95 platform. It's the first body style of that platform which ran from '94-'98.
  6. chris1125

chris1125 Supporting Member

I like it, if you restore it you should post some before and afters
  7. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium Supporting Member

I can think of a lot of fun things to do with a car that I got for $250. Some of them are even legal :)
  8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Nice score bro. You could have opened the door and found bags of garbage. What do you have planned for your new ride?

-Mike
  9. icks

icks

What´s in the trunk?

a dead body in plastic bags or the loot of some liquor store robbery ?
  10. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

I spent years in the storage business overseeing a bunch of locations. Before the advent of "storage wars" it was a totally different business. I saw some amazingly cool rooms go for sale over the years and also lots and lots of trash.
  11. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

Several years ago I was working in the construction industry and my boss decided to go to a storage auction, he ended up buying a locker that had three skids of nails for power nailers for a couple hundred dollars, it was worth thousands.

lowsound
  12. m0nst3r

m0nst3r

If you part it out, you could most likely double or triple your money.
  13. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Some states don't allow title transfer if a car is bought for salvage. Better check your local laws and see what's up before you spend any more cash.