Strange pain in fretting hand

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Blight3220, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Blight3220

Blight3220

Hey guys,

I've been having a strange problem for a few days. When I fret with my little finger, I get a slight pain in my elbow, more specifically on the right side of the elbow, but only with that finger, and it's only a slight pain, more of a discomfort, no numbness or anything. I've been playing for 4 years and I've been super careful about my technique, so I don't think it could be that.

I've read the health related injuries topic but didn't find anything similar enough, anybody else get this ? Should I go see a doctor now or should I wait a bit, see how it goes ?

I know I should probably go see a doctor right away, but I was just wondering if anyone else who dealt with this could give me some advice :)

Thanks in advance
  2. fearceol

fearceol

The person in this thread seems to have a very similar problem.

Fergie gives some good advice in post #2.
  3. Fergie Fulton

Fergie Fulton

Nice link fearceol, yes similar in many ways, may be just a slight agitation, or the start of something bigger.
    In the health links look under, Ulnar nerve explained, and Cubital Tunnel Syndrome. They are side by side for the very reason that the info in each is relevant.

You have planted the idea in my head that maybe I should see about editing the links and info in the Health Related sticky to be more user friendly.

Maybe I should set up catagories relating to areas of the body and put the links in them.
    So in HANDS AND FINGERS there would be the two links I mentioned, so any one with issues could look there.....they may not associate an Ulnar nerve problem at the elbow to be anything related to a tingle or pain in the little finger, as maybe back pain with posture.

Thoughts on this anyone?