1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Strap Locks on Hofner Icon

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SuperK, Jan 7, 2013.

1. SuperK

SuperK Supporting Member

Has anyone used strap locks on a Hofner Icon or any other violin style bass? If so, what brand? The factory strap post near the bridge looks like it helps hold the bridge onto the body. Can I remove this safely to install strap locks?

Thanks.

2. VWbug08'

VWbug08'

I was just wondering the same thing. :cool:

Just picked one up today. Really enjoying it.
    [​IMG]

3. Staredge

Staredge

[​IMG]

Grolsch washers. The only problem I have is that they tend to unscrew the end post. Don't have the problem on the back. Not sure why that is. Same issue occasionally on my P-bass.

El Pelusa likes this.
  4. philtoler

philtoler

You can unscrew the bridge end and fit a strap lock no problem. I just use a cheap no brand set of strap locks - they work fine. I have fitted an L shape bracket to the neck position so the strap lock attaches at a point further away from the back - it solves the problem of the forward tilt inherent in Hofner Violin basses. Can post pic if anyone interested

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Profania_bass

Profania_bass Profanity Fish.

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Spector basses, Winspear Picks, Spector Formula 603 strings
    Schaller, Dunlop! Not this argument again!

7. mongo2

mongo2

I also use those Grolsch washers (but not had the problem you mentioned).I also use thinner black washers I can get at any hardware store around here.

8. bill reed

bill reed

I fitted strap locks to my LE MARQUIS beatles bass.
    found changing to them no diffrent to any off my other basses. i use the same strap for both my LE MARQUIS and my Epiphone as both have the the strap post where the neck meets the body. so it easy to swap straps.
    had them for over a year like this and no problems!!!