String Emporium Pernambucco bows

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by LouisF, Apr 4, 2014.

1. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

2. Thooom

Thooom

Nice photos, even if only closeups. Isn't this the thing we all search for? The great bargain ($770, comparable to $1,500-2,500 range bows)? I hope someone has had some experiences with them they can share.

3. Joshua Harrison

Joshua Harrison

Media:
    Albums:
    I purchased one of these bows last August and I've been using it exclusively since then. I requested a bunch of bows on trial from a number of places in addition to the String Emporium shop bow last summer and it sounded better with my bass than any of the other bows I had on hand (some costing $3,000). It's light, fast, and articulate. So far, it has done everything I have asked of it. Your experience may vary of course, as we are all working with different basses and different playing styles.

Addendum: I found the hair this bow came with (white) to be sub-optimal in terms of grip and installation, so I got a rehair almost immediately after purchase, but that's been my one and only quibble.

4. korotkov

korotkov

I am going to order a bow from them later thus summer. I'm not quite comfortable with buying a bow I didn't play however. I'm not sure if they're ok to send me several bows for trial, and it's gonna cost a fortune anyway. What do you think?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

I think if you tell Steve exactly what you're looking for in a bow, he'll come pretty close to matching it. I don't know about sending multiple bows overseas, but generally he has a one week trial period.
    Louis

7. korotkov

korotkov

I never received any reply on two of my emails. That may be the spam filter problem, as mentioned in another thread.

8. Joel B

Joel B

I recently traveled from California to Steve's office/residence after sending several emails that went unanswered and calling every contact phone number that remained unanswered as well.

There was a mini van in the driveway, but no answer while waiting in front of his house for an hour, ringing the doorbell and calling the numbers.

I am just concerned that he may not still be doing business. And if he is, I am concerned about doing business with someone that operates in such a manner.

9. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

My student just took delivery of a bass from Steve, so he is active as of last month.

10. ryanrydell

ryanrydell

When i was in chandler around 6 weeks ago or so, I tried to make an appointment to look at some basses. Steve said he was in the middle of moving to an actual show room. If that's the case maybe he doesn't operate out of his garage anymore. Could have been a location problem.