String Emporium Pernambucco bows

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by LouisF, Apr 4, 2014.

1. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

2. Thooom

Thooom

Nice photos, even if only closeups. Isn't this the thing we all search for? The great bargain ($770, comparable to $1,500-2,500 range bows)? I hope someone has had some experiences with them they can share.
  3. Joshua Harrison

Joshua Harrison

I purchased one of these bows last August and I've been using it exclusively since then. I requested a bunch of bows on trial from a number of places in addition to the String Emporium shop bow last summer and it sounded better with my bass than any of the other bows I had on hand (some costing $3,000). It's light, fast, and articulate. So far, it has done everything I have asked of it. Your experience may vary of course, as we are all working with different basses and different playing styles.

Addendum: I found the hair this bow came with (white) to be sub-optimal in terms of grip and installation, so I got a rehair almost immediately after purchase, but that's been my one and only quibble.
  4. korotkov

korotkov Supporting Member

I am going to order a bow from them later thus summer. I'm not quite comfortable with buying a bow I didn't play however. I'm not sure if they're ok to send me several bows for trial, and it's gonna cost a fortune anyway. What do you think?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

I think if you tell Steve exactly what you're looking for in a bow, he'll come pretty close to matching it. I don't know about sending multiple bows overseas, but generally he has a one week trial period.
    Louis
  7. korotkov

korotkov Supporting Member

I never received any reply on two of my emails. That may be the spam filter problem, as mentioned in another thread.