1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

String ID

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by frankweir, Dec 30, 2013.

1. frankweir

frankweir

Hi all...newbie here...bought an upright six months ago. It had been used to play bluegrass I was told. The D and G strings are synth gut and I'm wondering if anyone here recognizes the brand. The seller was not a bass player and hadn't owned the bass for long. I tried to attach a photo but it was not allowed so I need to figure that out too. They are a pale yellow and look like they are wrapped or wound.
    I love these strings and would like to know what they are. Thanks for any help you can give.
  2. eub_player

eub_player

Disclosures:
    Formerly known as Francois Blais...
    Put the pics on an external server (Photobucket, Picasa, etc.) and put a link here.
  3. frankweir

frankweir

Thanks eub...and I'll check silk wrapping
    colors,,,just read that can help identify strings..