1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

string spacing question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by p5string, Feb 6, 2014.

1. p5string

p5string

Does anyone make a 4 string bass w/17.5 mm spacing? All the four string basses I see have 19mm (3/4) spacing. Ibanez is tighter than 17.5mm so they're out of the question.
  2. Bobster

Bobster

A lot of short scale basses are less than 19mm. A Squier Bronco for example, is 17mm.

You can find some aftermarket bridges. For example, this is an 18mm bridge by Song-Il http://www.sung-il.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=b071_29

I'm sure there are others as well.

Best of luck with the hunt!

Bob
  3. ChristoMephisto

ChristoMephisto

I have a vintage Hagstrom with that string spacing. Actually it's closer to 18-18-16.5mm.
    Probably not what your looking for tho.
  4. woody357

woody357

MusicMan
  5. Immigrant

Immigrant Supporting Member

I had an old Aria Pro II CSB-450 that seemed to have spacing around 17.5-18 mm. Fantastic bass also.
  6. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

My fano px4 is a 4 stringer and it has 17.75 mm spacing. 32" scale.
  7. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham

I may be wrong, but the only four string standard scale I can think of in that spacing would be the MusicMan Sterling.
  8. Bobster

Bobster

9. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass Supporting Member

My ESP LTD Basses have 17mm spacing