1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Strings for a beginner

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by Otisbgoode, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Otisbgoode

Otisbgoode

Hello, I recently bought a 1947 Kay double bass from a pawn shop, did some restoration, and am now ready to learn how to play it. I am a beginner, though I have played guitar for many years. Any suggestions regarding a brand and style of strings? I would like to play country and rockabilly music. Thanks!
  2. iiipopes

iiipopes

Innovation is a popular brand for country and rockabilly. They make several different sets. Search the threads here and on the forum on bassgrass.com and the Innovations subforum on basschat.co.uk to get some recommendations, and the website is innovationstrings.com .
  3. Otisbgoode

Otisbgoode

Innovation. Someone I know suggested the same, and your recommendation confirms that. Thank you very much!