1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

strings for both standard and drop c tuning

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Maxoshtut, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Maxoshtut

Maxoshtut

Hi guys.
    I play both standard E and drop C on the same bass [mm stingray] and I want to use a thicker set of strings so the C won't be so floppy, I am adjusting the truss rod when I change the tuning and it helps a little but not enough.
    any ideas? are there any thick strings that will sound great in drop C and still could be tuned to E without damage?
  2. bassresistance

bassresistance

You could probably get away with a .110 set for E. I use one for C# and it's a little slack, but I think it'd be useable.

Honestly, I think you're going to struggle to get something that feels good with both tunings, but hopefully you'll manage to find something you can live with :)
  3. MICKUSS

MICKUSS

Perfect excuse to buy a second bass!
  4. Maxoshtut

Maxoshtut

actually I really want to buy a second bass but I have to wait one year because Im moving to a different country
  5. Warmuth

Warmuth Supporting Member

A .115 will do it. I tune Eb to drop C and while I do have a separate bass set up with a .125 E string for that tuning the .115 has done a passable job handling it even if it's not optimum. The .115 also balances well with a standard heavy set, better than what usually comes with them standard which seems to be a .105 a lot of the time.
  6. Maxoshtut

Maxoshtut

thanks =]
    do you have some tips for me to reduce the chances of me damaging the neck? :p