1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Strings for Tacoma 5

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Randy S, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Randy S

Randy S

I need to restring my trusty Tacoma 5 before too long. It has D'Addarios on it now, matching the originals. Kind of had my eye on the DR "Rare" Phosphor Bronze set. I've also heard a lot of good reports on the Thomastiks, but they are so spendy.

Wondering what anybody else has used on these very fine and now quite uncommon basses. I'll never let mine go, that's for sure.

Thanks to all...
  2. jallenbass

jallenbass Supporting Member

A lot of us are liking tapewounds on our ABGs. Depends what kind of sound you are looking for though.
  3. mtb777

mtb777 Supporting Member

I've got D'Addario Phos rounds on my Tacoma Fretless 5 now but have also used the Tomastik Acousticores for a while but had a hard time adjusting to the rubbery rolling of the strings but the just sound SO darned nice. I used to use some Martin sets the I used to pick up really cheap the we're nice feeling and sounding. Don't care for flats of any kind personally.