1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Strings that are too bright?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by SalmonCubes, Feb 20, 2013.

1. SalmonCubes

SalmonCubes

Ever had a set of roundwounds that were just way too bright sounding for you? I have. D'Addario Heavy Prosteels and Washburn lights.
    My E string sounded practically like a piano when I first played it after stringing up.
  2. stepswork4me

stepswork4me Supporting Member

That's what I go for. Maybe, you and steel rounds aren't meant to work together.
  3. Lowactnsatsfctn

Lowactnsatsfctn

Dean Markley Blue steels and GHS contact cores. I love them both, but neither is a good fit for my current project:(
  4. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye

The new Elixir strings. I don't know if they are brighter than the Blue Steels and Rotos or if they are just the wrong kind of bright, but I didn't care much for them.
  5. Jaco Taco

Jaco Taco

There's no such thing as "too bright", those are just called "perfect steels". ;)