1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Structures in the brain appeared to shrink and collapse inward

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BobWestbrook, Dec 16, 2013.

1. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr. Supporting Member

2. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium Supporting Member

aths ridoculus my brain os working just fine
  3. elgecko

elgecko

What are we talking about again? :confused:
  4. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow

Whoa... Dude... Heavy.
  5. tastybasslines

tastybasslines I'll hump your leg Supporting Member

Yeah, like when you're high and set the bong down on the carpet, reminding yourself where you put it and that you are not going to spill it, only to forget and spill the bong water all over the carpet a few minutes later anyway.
  6. Ironbar

Ironbar

I am shocked I tell you, just shocked.
  7. kserg

kserg

Comments to that article make my brain hurt and collapse inwards...
  8. IvanMunoz

IvanMunoz

9. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

Mr.Westbrook, how's your head? I only ask because you are banging it against the wall (as will I). You could show this (or any) crowd irrefutable evidence of weed causing penises to shrink and they would stand you down no matter what. They don't want to have a discussion. (Just check out the comments to that article.) Everyone is a scientist (or plays one on TV) when it comes to the side effects of smoking dope. This won't go well.

That being said, I think they should put it in every store. Tax the crap out of it. And throw anyone who sells it on the black market UNDER the jail and throw away the key. You want it legalized? Then get ready for the harsh regulations that this government slaps on EVERYTHING that is "legal". (Note that as of 1 January 2014 40W and 60W light bulbs will be ILLEGAL. Keep that in mind when you say you want something to be "legal".) So, as far as I'm concerned, you get what you ask for. Make it legal. And then throw the BOOK and ANYONE who buys, sells, or uses it it ANY way that the government does not approve of. You buy it without paying taxes? Jail. You sell it without a license? LOTS of jail. You sell a kind that is not tested approved by the FDA? YEARS of jail.... with hard labor. You smoke it ANYWHERE that offends others (you know, like they did with cigarettes) then you pay a fine, or go to jail. Yep. Make it light-bulb-and-cigarette-style "legal".
  10. elgecko

elgecko

That's hardly "irrefutable".
  11. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

Correlation is not causation. But it suggests possible causation.
  12. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

We should probably ban contact sports too, the effects they have on the brain (long term, not talking just sudden injury) can be frightening.

Though I do hope to get back to playing next year :)
  13. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

But you can't get second-hand drunk (not easily, anyway). That is the inherent problem with making marijuana legal. What you'll wind up with is pot bars where non-tokers won't go. Could be interesting. For the record, I don't smoke but I don't have a problem with legalizing it.
    [/hijack]
  14. elgecko

elgecko

There are two take away points from this study:

1. Heavy marijuana use negatively affects memory

Duh!

2. Heavy marijuana use while young may cause abnormalities to memory related structures in young, developing brains

I think we can all agree that persons with young, developing minds should NOT engage in heavy marijuana use
  15. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME! Supporting Member

It seems a lot of people are commenting on articles without actually reading them as of late.
  16. geeza

geeza

Disclosures:
    Huh?
    Thanks, Captain Buzzkill. :(

Oh, and this:
  17. P Town

P Town Guest

Wow man. Far out!
  18. Solarmist

Solarmist Supporting Member

19. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
    I've already heard parents talk about how they don't ever want their kids to go out for (American) football.
  20. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

I always knew people who were concerned about the risk of sudden trauma, but the long term effects are pretty scary too. Granted, the issues from multiple concussions still only affecting a small proportion of professional players, less of a worry for the average player. Over here, I'm talking Rugby though the effects seem pretty similar between Rugby and Gridiron.