1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Strymon Big Sky on bass vidja

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by behndy, Oct 24, 2013.

1. behndy

behndy

fun fun FUN pedal. normal modes sound awesome of course, but the more offbeat ones are just awesome.

2. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

Freaking fantastic

3. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

Choral mode was awesome! Too bad I'm moving back to the east coast and I have zero moneys. Nice vid.

4. behndy

behndy

f'realz though. i like the Chorale a lot. it's like a more restrained shimmer with the odd formants thrown in. very cool and musical.

MEEP.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. behndy

behndy

urf. i've been having a blast using the Cloud setting to expression pedal through ambient overtone drone stuff to full on blasting NOISES GOOD GAWD I LOVE YOU NOISE and playing under it.

Strymon.... even though there's all that backlash from the TGP Crowd Goes Silly Tits For Them, they do some amazing stuff. there's always pretty and wonderful models of more standard "useful" effects, but they put some cool as butts tweaky stuff in there too.

....... kinda want a Mobius again.

7. godblender

godblender Supporting Member

Sounds REALLY nice...as expected. How does the Big Sky compare with the Space reverbs that come in the H9?? I already plan on picking up a H9 but my reverb needs are quite modest so I'd imagine that the Space algorithms would be more than enough.

I also just picked up another Mobius after selling off the first unit I had. Love it. Now I just need the funds for the H9 and a DMC-6D to control the Moby, H9 and M9!

8. jasonmitsch

jasonmitsch

Go to TGP. That's pretty much all they talk about is Strymon vs Eventide. Based on what I've heard they are both super tweak able but end up covering different ground. I don't think the BigSky can completely cop the black hole or mangled verb anymore than the Space can mimic the chorale or nonlinear settings.

9. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

wow, chorale modes sound sweet

10. behndy

behndy

Chorale is way a standout. odd but musically useful. i'm super digging the cloud too. i don't think i did justice to the NonLinear at all either.

H9 vs Butt Sky - if you have some minimal needs for verb, H9 will way cover it. like JMitty said, there are some H9 odd verbs that are different than the odd verbs on the Buh Skuh. i think the standard plate and hall verbs on the H9 are plenty decent for live. Strymy's are a bit better and more pleasantly tweakable? but the differences get into cork sniffer territory. for live and/or minimal use, their "standard" verb models, both are really good.