1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

strymon bigsky

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by godspeed68, Oct 13, 2013.

1. godspeed68

godspeed68 i like music. a lot. Supporting Member

anybody on this one yet?

http://http://www.strymon.net/bigsky/

lets talk some verb!

I wonder how the algorithms will compare to the context...

super stoked to check it out either way. love my timeline.
  2. andvari7

andvari7

As intrigued as I am by Strymon pedals in general, I am sick to death of the number of reverb pedals they make. Couldn't they have made a phaser instead? Or a Digitech Whammy killer?

Sorry; I guess I let my emotions get the better of me. It looks like it will be a fine product - Strymon pedals always are - and even though I have no use for reverb, I'm sure that those who do will find it to be exceptional.
  3. falconspatriots

falconspatriots Oh Word Supporting Member

Why I have to see this.....

I'M GASSING SO HARD.
  4. godspeed68

given that this is their verb equivalent to the timeline and mobius, it seems likely that we could expect some other offerings in the future. a whammy killer is a genius idea, and if anyone would nail that out of the park it would be strymon.

i will be picking one of these up when I can. for ambient/soundscape territory, this has got to be a one-stop-shop SPACE killer.

as previously stated, i wonder how the algorithms will hold up in a pepsi challenge vs my context.
  5. behndy

behndy

i am SO looking forward to this.

i don't love verb, but some of the weirder applications are awesome. and that's what i'm looking for this bugger to do.
  6. godspeed68

i absolutely love verb in certain contexts. i suppose there's not a lot of use for it on bass outside of soundscape/ambient territory. really excited to see how far this one will go.
  7. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    I can probably make good use of that. Do I need it? Hmmm....
  8. behndy

behndy

meh. need i over-rated.

WANT is the ultimate monkey.
  9. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    [​IMG]
  10. metaball

metaball

i'm ok with my BSR, HoF & Wet thanks. looks like a great option for people who didnt think the Eventide Space was sufficient.
  11. godspeed68

lots of complaints with algorithm quality and patch switching with the space, though I've never used one. my context kills and has a small footprint. I'm hoping the bigsky is an end all be all for multi-verb units.
  12. godspeed68

just got the pre-order email. think it's worth $479?
  13. behndy

behndy