Strymon bluesky alternative???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by atracksler, Apr 5, 2014.

1. atracksler

atracksler Supporting Member

I really like the sound of the bluesky, I'm not crazy about paying that much for a pedal. What are some other lush reverbs that aren't so wallet draining?
  2. Couvy

Couvy Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses, Source Audio
    Source Audio dimension!
  3. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Zoom MS-70CDR
  4. MightyMiloQuinn

MightyMiloQuinn Supporting Member

TC Electronic Trinity or either of the two reverbs from Mr Black.
    silverjet likes this.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Roland GR 88

Roland GR 88 Supporting Member

EHX Cathedral
  7. audioslaveoz

audioslaveoz Supporting Member

Red Panda context reverb
  8. Rneckties31

Rneckties31 Supporting Member

It's hard to compete with it. It's so natural and I'm not exactly sure what it is about it....but it just sounds better than most anything out there in the pedal format. Same goes for the Big Sky. I play churches all around and the nicest reverbs I've had experience with or heard are the Strymon and eventide pedals.

I have also heard some amazing sounds from a hardwire supernatural ambient verb. The verbzilla line 6 is also up there. But really IMHO nothing can beat the Strymon pedals.
  9. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 Supporting Member

Mooer just came out with the SkyVerb, I've owned a BlueSky and while the SkyVerb can't replace it, it's pretty good for the money.
  10. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

I chased that sound for a long time and ended up buying the BlueSky and then eventually the BigSky. I can tell you that the Zoom MS70-CDR comes close, but the best comparison is the Line 6 M series pedals. You can find an M5 with particle verb and octaverb (same as shimmer) for about $129 new. Used ones pop up all the time. I see the Neunaber Stereo Wet Reverb can also be programmed to shimmer. I have never tried the wet reverb, but several amazing ambient texture playing bass players on here rave about it. The SA Dimension Reverb also does really great lush reverb in the E-Dome setting. It is very close to the particle verb from Line 6. To me, the best part of Strymon verbs is the shimmer or chorale voicings. As I stated earlier, I know from experience that the M5 will cover that tone in spades.
  11. ole Jason

ole Jason

EHX Cathedral
  12. Rneckties31

Rneckties31 Supporting Member

I totally forgot that pedal! Yes the M series pedals also have some amazing sounds.
  13. fretlessfuzz2112

fretlessfuzz2112 Supporting Member

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but does anyone have a good audio/demo clip of the BigSky on bass? There was one on YT but there are to many effects going into the BigSky to actually hear the pedal itself.
  14. Michedelic

Michedelic

+1 on the Hardwire Supernatural as a budget alternative. The Line 6 Verbzilla, with the "Octo" setting, kinda started the trend, but now I find the sound too grainy, and I always had problems finding the sweet spot on the blend. I got rid of the ones I had and moved up to the Blue/Big Sky's, but got a Supernatural in a trade deal and was impressed with it as well.