1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Stu Hamn SHB60 Bass question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kevbassman, Feb 16, 2014.

1. kevbassman

kevbassman

Hi Gang, I recently purchased (for a great deal) a Washburn Stu Hamn SHB60 bass.........and the controls go, volume, blend, tone, piezo..........and the iring to me is way off......this is what I sent to Washburn......

Hi, I recently purchased a Stu Hamn SHB60.....for the most part I like the bass, but several factors I don't .......the EQ makes no sense to me...it is suppose to be volume, blend, tone, piezo.......so when the blend control is full right or left, the other pick-up should not be on (w/ piezio off). Also the back cavity cover was on so tight (I was replacing stock batteries) that I nicked the inner wood up removing it for one of the holes...........I have two other Stu Basses the SHB30 & 40 & never had this problem. I also need a Allen wrench for the bass, or the size (bass & bridge). Any new basses I get I set them up immediately, and replace battery's if active EQ. Thx. I really think this bass is wired wrong.

Has anyone else has this problem? I still own the passive SHB30, and that set-up is great.........volume(neck pu), volume (bridge pu) , treble, bass.....or vice versa..........and it makes sense, especially being passive.
    I really feel like taking the active EQ out. Thoughts, suggestions?
    thanks in advance!