Stunning Single Cut Amboyna Burl 6 - Rare Wilser Ramirez Must See!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Neuroman, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neuroman

Neuroman BHPD - Previously Stage 2 Gold Supporting Member

TB,

I am selling my beautiful Single Cut Ramirez 6 with Gorgeous and unique Amboyna Burl top, headstock and inlays. This is the only of its kind. One of the few basses made by Wilser while he was still in the business.

I purchased it from a great TBer a few months ago and need to sell it like other basses in my collection. I have learned that I am not comfortable playing basses that are beautiful "museum pieces" as I am too uptight about keeping them minty. So they sit. What is worse, they sit in their cases because I don't want them exposed to the environment so they don't even get looked at. My mint and very expensive Ken Smith BSR5EG Elite with the 7 layer neck and wings was in that category and I just sold that one to a happy TBer. I also sold my NAMM 2006 Warrior in that category. This bass is next.

This one has gorgeous tone and a very buttery feel with low action, straight neck and no buzz.

• Custom Model KSC 6 string fretted
    • 34" scale
    • Stunning & Rare Amboyna Burl (with lots of sap wood) Top
    • Matching binding and block inlays on fingerboard
    • Alder body
    • Accent veneer between body and top
    • Matching wooden control cavity cover
    • Set Neck Construction
    • Highly Figured Birdseye Maple fingerboard
    • 3 piece Maple Neck
    • Hand carved transition block
    • Matching headstock
    • 26 frets
    • 2 Ramirez dual coil humbuckers with non-exposed magnets
    • Audere 18v 3 band z-mode preamp
    • Black hardware
    • UltraLight Hipshot Tuners
    • Graphite reinforcement
    • Includes Hard Shell Case
    • built by Wilser of Ramirez Bass Guitars

$2,500 delivered CONUS only. No trades please.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  2. slamsinger

slamsinger Supporting Member

I've sent this bass on here before and have drooled over it ! Ugh
    Any sound clips of this?? Could you describe the tone?.... If it has a ash body is be jumping on her...
  3. slamsinger

And the weight and spacing at the bridge please :)
  4. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Neuroman

Very open voice. One of those basses that "sings." Nice tang on the highs. Woody bottom. Tight B.
  7. Neuroman

String spacing is 17.5mm. Weight is just over 10lbs on the bathroom scale.
  8. slamsinger

Thanks ... Too tight for my big mitts
  9. Neuroman

Phew! That was a close one! It always feels satisfying when you find a reason not to buy a bass that you probably shouldn't be buying anyway:smug:

(something I need to get much better at doing, by the way!):bag:
  10. slamsinger

Oh I'm in the market for a nice 5 or 6.... Make no doubt about it lol... Good luck with that beauty because if it were 18.5-19mm I'd be all over it
  11. Neuroman

Holy Smokes Chuck! You have 90 transactions in your feedback rating and you have only been on TB since Jan 2011. That is like 2.25 transactions a month continuously. Now THAT is AMAZING.
  12. Neuroman

5 bangers - no problem. Go for 19mm for sure. 6ers its a little different. I have 19mm spacing on my Fbass AC6. It is one wide fingerboard. The neck is super thin and my fingers are long so it is ok up to about the 12th fret marker. After that it is a bit of a fight getting below the D string. It sure makes you learn your fingering positions when soloing, however, as you need to transition down the fingerboard rather than continue down the strings on your runs. Definitely a trade off. If you are playing the bass as a primary axe and you need the versatility, then it is definitely worth it in my view. But, if you are looking at it as a soloing oriented axe, then I tend to prefer to get a little tighter on the spacing so I can have the more comfortable access I like on the higher registers. I want it all but found I can't have it all at once (at least not yet!)
  13. Bass Blitz

Bass Blitz

Just PM'd your inbox.
  14. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Media:
    I remember when this one was built. Pretty sure it's 24 frets not 26.
  15. Neuroman

You are right! Thanks for the heads up.
  16. Neuroman

SOLD pending payment.
  17. azflyman

azflyman

I have seen this bass change hands at least 3 times. The poor girl just keeps being passed around. She's a beauty for sure but just does not seem the magic her owners needed to keep her. I almost had a deal on this one two owners back.
  18. vilkai

vilkai

Think you might be making snap judgments mate :)

I mean, take a Jazz Bass design and execute well, but without excessive gorgeousness. That bass will work for a LOT of players, and people will have reasonable expectations regarding the bass. So they won't be disappointed, and since the bass works for them, they'll keep it.

This bass has a tight-ish spacing which will surprise some players, and since it looks stunning indeed, the expectations will be sky-high. The surest way to be disappointed is to have unrealistic expectations, right?

Stuff like neck profile is hard to describe without tons of measurements, and envelope of attack etc. - it's a known thing that some basses don't work that well for all guys but when they find the right owner, it's magic. I think that on the guitar side, Brian May's guitar has been described as 'unplayable' ;)

I've had a funk ton of basses that are by any measure absolute gems, but I've been swapping and swapping and swapping 'til I bought my first MTD. Should've bought one after the 90's 5-string shootout, really, but the wire meets wood did parse for me correctly. Hah. Joke's on me. Now I've only got a Warwick Corvette Hot Rod to sell and then I'm with MTD 4 lyfe :p
  19. Neuroman

Really? And I suppose my Ken Smith BSR5EG Elite which I just sold for the same reason must have sounded mediocre as well? For that matter, my Bubinga NAMM 2006 Warrior must have really been mediocre if I sold that, too! Three museum piece instruments all sold by the same seller within a couple of weeks. They must have all sucked for sure and had nothing do with the fact they were all mint high end closet queens.

I can't speak for the others whom owned this bass in the past but I can tell you that the only problem this bass had was having me as its owner. No more museum pieces for me. I am way too uptight about keeping them mint to play and enjoy them (or even display them). This bass is buttery fast and has a very open and sweet singing tone. There are alot of very hard woods throughout this bass and it's tone really reflects that pairing as you would expect it to being paired with the Alder. The electronics are super sweet, hot and with a ton of variability. Looks like you have misjudged (and missed the boat) on this one my friend.

Maybe she has finally found the right home with her new buyer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.