1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Stupid Question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by omfgnotthatguy, Dec 18, 2012.

1. omfgnotthatguy

omfgnotthatguy

Hey there, this is going to be short thread, since I am borderline retarded when it comes to electronics.

Basically, i'm wondering If i can use a 'Delano 3 Band Preamp' (http://www.bestbassgear.com/delano-sonar-bass-preamps.htm# - Second one down) In a Ibanez BTB 675 Bass.
    I primarily want to use the active/passive selection with the volume push/pull - Which the Ibanez does not have. The bass' stock preamp does however have 5 knobs for Volume, Pickup balance, Bass, treble and midrange boost/cut. Will this work? If not, could somebody please send me in the right direction. Again, I apologise if this thread is vague/dumb as I know VERY little about electronics.

Thanks.

2. David Jayne

David Jayne

Sure, it'll work fine. Any preamp can be used with any pickups, with rare exceptions(certain EMG's).

3. omfgnotthatguy

omfgnotthatguy

Hey there, thanks for the response. Will I be able to use the Push pull function though? Also, do I need to do any extra wiring (although I probably won't be doing it myself)

4. David Jayne

David Jayne

The push-pull is built into the Delano volume pot so, yes, it will work. The wiring should be very easy to do.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. omfgnotthatguy

omfgnotthatguy

Cheers! Really appreciate the help.