1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD Sub-$100 cheapie/beater/backup!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TimBosby, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Here we have a midnight blue Squier P/J bass that has been living at my band's practice house for a few years. My bandmates used it for recording and noodling around before I joined the group last January. Now I keep a bass or two of my own at their house pretty much all the time, so the Squier would be better off sold for a little extra beer money :D

It's an Indonesian Squier, probably from 2004 or so, based on the serial #, but I'm not positive. Basic P/J setup. The body has scratches and maybe a few paint dings, but nothing I was easily able to photograph. The input jack sticks a little but is fully functional. I recently had my friend do a setup and the neck and action feel fantastic. He also re-wired the pickups (which were initially out of phase) and they sound great - smooth and warm. The back of the neck feels great. I took a green Scotch-brite pad to the back of it and sanded it down to a nice satin so it's very fast and smooth.

1.5 inch nut, approximately 8 lbs, give or take a few ounces. Maple neck, recently-oiled rosewood board with mini mother of pearl dot inlays. Chrome hardware. Currently strung with fairly new heavy gauge Ernie Ball flatwounds. Not sure of the body wood. Passive electronics with rear-routed control cavity - it may have enough room for a very small preamp circuit. Controls appear to be volume, blend, tone.

$95 + actual shipping or best offer. Lower 48 only. No case or gig bag but it will be securely packaged. No trades.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. richntiff

richntiff

Interested - pm inbound...

3. Joe Milstein

Joe Milstein

Disclosures:
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    cool bass...amazing deal here.

4. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

my favorite fender design. plus, the string silks match the body! put a set of lace sensors in it for all the fender tone one could want. win.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.