1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Sub-Bassist?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Dragzole, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Dragzole

Dragzole

Are there any bassist out there that play an octave below standard, at least other than Jauqo iii-x(more than an octave below standard:eek:), and if so, has this octave below approach ever been used in a band situation with a regular bass? Just thought that would be cool and wanted to know if it was a real thing:D
  2. Jensby design

Jensby design

My standard tuning for my 6-string is F#BEADG but I have gone down to DADGCF.
    I have played with an other bass player in church once, he was pretty awful.
  3. Sartori

Sartori

Bongripper.

Well, not quite. But they're all tuned almost an octave down, low F, I think. The guitars are basically where a standard bass would be, and the bass is an octave below that.
  4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  5. Jensby design

Jensby design

6. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

:)
  7. ReiPsaeg

ReiPsaeg

Don't you mean "step down"?
  8. Jensby design

Jensby design

[​IMG] Touche. [​IMG]

So when is "The Low G# Theory" coming out?