1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Sub or new cab for Hip hop??

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by JACink, Sep 29, 2013.

1. JACink

JACink

Hey guys!

I have a hop hop project coming up, and although we will mainly be using the PA, I would like to be prepared for when this is not possible, or when I want some more "juice".

I use a GK MB112 for practice, and this is more than enough (I live in an apartment), and I like the sound, but obviously this is not ideal for a live situation (except when using PA).

I also have some nice sounding 12" PA speakers (8 Ohm, 350w RMS) and a QSC amp with 300 per channel @ 4Ohms (also 2Ohm stable, and bridgeable).

My question is, should I buy a Subwoofer to add to the PA speakers, and use this as my live rig, or should I go for something like a 410 and use it with the QSC amp?

My budget is low for this (I need so many other things!), so I am talking about a Hartke TP 410 or Kustom DE410 level cabs, or a cheap 300w subwoofer.

Please give me your opinions!!

(p.s: used here is not worth it, as the selection is poor and prices are the same as new, othewise I would look for a used Peavey 410)
  2. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen

Disclosures:
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    If you have a PA that you use, best getting stuff for the PA. Lows from rig interfere with PA.