Sub or new cab for Hip hop??

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by JACink, Sep 29, 2013.

1. JACink

JACink

Hey guys!

I have a hop hop project coming up, and although we will mainly be using the PA, I would like to be prepared for when this is not possible, or when I want some more "juice".

I use a GK MB112 for practice, and this is more than enough (I live in an apartment), and I like the sound, but obviously this is not ideal for a live situation (except when using PA).

I also have some nice sounding 12" PA speakers (8 Ohm, 350w RMS) and a QSC amp with 300 per channel @ 4Ohms (also 2Ohm stable, and bridgeable).

My question is, should I buy a Subwoofer to add to the PA speakers, and use this as my live rig, or should I go for something like a 410 and use it with the QSC amp?

My budget is low for this (I need so many other things!), so I am talking about a Hartke TP 410 or Kustom DE410 level cabs, or a cheap 300w subwoofer.

Please give me your opinions!!

(p.s: used here is not worth it, as the selection is poor and prices are the same as new, othewise I would look for a used Peavey 410)

2. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen

Disclosures:
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    If you have a PA that you use, best getting stuff for the PA. Lows from rig interfere with PA.