1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Sub Ray5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheGreatSealof, Aug 17, 2013.

1. TheGreatSealof

TheGreatSealof Supporting Member

I recently visited my local Sam Ash and GC interested in purchasing a 5-stringer.

I played several Schechter’s, Ibanez, Dean, Washburn, Fender MIA, and Squier, and lastly, a Sterling SUB Ray5.

The SUB Ray5 blew them all away. I was amazed and disappointed that the Fender MIA sounded hollow, way too bright and empty. I say this because I am a Fender lover.

Hence, I purchased the Sterling SUB Ray5. It fulfilled the sound and surprising great quality that I was searching for. And it was only$300.00!

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion regarding the Sterling SUB Ray5? I can only imagine how great a MM would be.
  2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

Haven't played the 5er but the new SUB 4s are amazing
  3. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member