1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

subs in a truck

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by graver555, Feb 5, 2014.

1. graver555

graver555

So I bought an s10 the other day and while I dont have the cash for a sound system right now I am doing some thinking. I am thinking of about 1000 rms for the whole system with half for the sub.

Its an extended cab but I want to keep the jump seat in back A. so I can take a third person and B. because my girlfreind is a woodwind player with alot of instruments.
    I am thinking I can have about 2 2.5 ft^3 in there and still have a comfortable amount of room.

Now I know a nice 10 or 12 inch would be about perfect for it but I always like having something different. I was thinking a sealed 15 would be sweet because I dont have a room for a ported 15 and I like the occasional techno song so I want it to be tight.
    The problem is most decent 15's are a bit more then I would want to drop on a sub.

So what do you guys think of about 4 8's or so in a low tuned ported box. Or should I just save up for the 15?

I would be making my own box so no worries about finding one like that.