1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

subs in a truck

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by graver555, Feb 5, 2014.

1. graver555

graver555

So I bought an s10 the other day and while I dont have the cash for a sound system right now I am doing some thinking. I am thinking of about 1000 rms for the whole system with half for the sub.

Its an extended cab but I want to keep the jump seat in back A. so I can take a third person and B. because my girlfreind is a woodwind player with alot of instruments.
    I am thinking I can have about 2 2.5 ft^3 in there and still have a comfortable amount of room.

Now I know a nice 10 or 12 inch would be about perfect for it but I always like having something different. I was thinking a sealed 15 would be sweet because I dont have a room for a ported 15 and I like the occasional techno song so I want it to be tight.
    The problem is most decent 15's are a bit more then I would want to drop on a sub.

So what do you guys think of about 4 8's or so in a low tuned ported box. Or should I just save up for the 15?

I would be making my own box so no worries about finding one like that.