1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

suggestions for 5 string high "C"

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by azureblue, Dec 21, 2012.

1. azureblue

azureblue

Set? I have a low B flat wound set on one bass, and a set of D'aD halfwounds on the other, so I'd like to keep the feel consistent. My sets have a .045 "G", but I could go down to a .040, if the tension is a but high. I am not opposed to rounds, as this will be more of a "solo" bass. Also, does anyone recall what strings Stanley Clark puts on his tenor bass?

Thanks in advance..
  2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Do not limit yourself to pre-packaged 5 string sets... There are not many companies that offer them...

GHS, Fodera, and La Bella are basically it.

Find a 4 string set you like and add an appropriate High-C string, if you are not sure the shop you choose to purchase from should be able to help you with that.

D'Addario Half-Rounds are available in 4 string sets and they do also make a High-C string as well that is readily available.
  3. steubig

steubig Supporting Member

circle k . . .
  4. Schlyder

Schlyder

Dean Markley as well.
  5. azureblue

azureblue

I am thinking of hand polishing my D'aD half wounds and adding an .030. I think Fender has a .030 flat, too. Thanks...
  6. madbassplaya

madbassplaya Supporting Member

Their new balanced tension sets sound perfect for this!
  7. azureblue

azureblue

I'm going to get a D-ad "C", and polish the set. I already have a set, so I'm good.

thanks and "Geaux Saints". The way they are playing this season, I was thinking about reviving the "Ain't" paper bags....
  8. madbassplaya

madbassplaya Supporting Member

Don't turn so fast. A lot of damage happened this season...
  9. azureblue

azureblue

Naw- I'm wit' dem, good or bad. Gonna put on some Wild Tchoupitoulas tracks and watch the game today...

and order that C string....

R