1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

suggestions for 5 string high "C"

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by azureblue, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Set? I have a low B flat wound set on one bass, and a set of D'aD halfwounds on the other, so I'd like to keep the feel consistent. My sets have a .045 "G", but I could go down to a .040, if the tension is a but high. I am not opposed to rounds, as this will be more of a "solo" bass. Also, does anyone recall what strings Stanley Clark puts on his tenor bass?

Thanks in advance..

2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member Commercial Seller

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Do not limit yourself to pre-packaged 5 string sets... There are not many companies that offer them...

GHS, Fodera, and La Bella are basically it.

Find a 4 string set you like and add an appropriate High-C string, if you are not sure the shop you choose to purchase from should be able to help you with that.

D'Addario Half-Rounds are available in 4 string sets and they do also make a High-C string as well that is readily available.

3. steubig

steubig Supporting Member

Jul 17, 2001
    locustland, ca
    circle k . . .

4. Dean Markley as well.

5. I am thinking of hand polishing my D'aD half wounds and adding an .030. I think Fender has a .030 flat, too. Thanks...

6. madbassplaya

madbassplaya Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2007

Their new balanced tension sets sound perfect for this!

7. I'm going to get a D-ad "C", and polish the set. I already have a set, so I'm good.

thanks and "Geaux Saints". The way they are playing this season, I was thinking about reviving the "Ain't" paper bags....

8. madbassplaya

madbassplaya Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Don't turn so fast. A lot of damage happened this season...

9. Naw- I'm wit' dem, good or bad. Gonna put on some Wild Tchoupitoulas tracks and watch the game today...

and order that C string....

R