1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Suggestions for j-style pickups: mine are way too hot!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by AustOKK, Nov 23, 2012.

1. AustOKK

AustOKK

I have a stock set on my SX Ursa 2, and the pickups are way too hot for my liking. It even gets to the fret buzz point. So, I'm looking for a set that I can upgrade to (I'm a lefty, and I could only afford the SX at the time). I was thinking of Seymour Duncan's basslines, but I don't know the hotness of the set. Thank you for your time!!!
  2. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    Pickups don't cause fret buzz.

How is your amp set? If you have to much high end, turn down the treble on the amp.
  3. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member

You might want to talk to that G&L guy....
  4. iiipopes

iiipopes

Lower the pickups one full turn of the mounting screws.
  5. invalidprotocol

invalidprotocol Supporting Member

Lower the pickups, roll off the volume knobs a little and roll of the tone knob. You should be able to address it through these free methods.

Fret buzz is a setup problem or an issue with fretting technique.
  6. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    Also, turn down the volume or gain control on the amp! That's likely the issue right there. I've played those basses and the pickups are not that hot.
  7. AustOKK

AustOKK

awesome, so much great advice! thanks!! and what do you guys think of bassline pickups?