1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Suhr - why no P Bass or Antique series basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lublin, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Lublin

Lublin Supporting Member

I own a Suhr Antique series Strat and Tele and would love to get into a Suhr Antique series bass but they don't appear to offer them for sale.

Also kind of boggles my kind that Suhr doesn't offer up a P Bass.

:bawl:
  2. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

I'm with you Brother. Had a Suhr Jazz a few years bask.
    Sweet Bass. But P-Bass would be nice.
  3. brianh

brianh

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Strings
    I believe they're do an antique finish, in a limited color selection. Great instruments, but not lots of options for basses...
  4. Lublin

Lublin Supporting Member

Yea - it's too bad. I'm a Precision player and I'd really love a beat to hell Antique Suhr bass to match my Suhr guitars.
  5. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

he would probably answer that question if you emailed them or called , they do pickup the phone :bassist: I think he would have to start with a killer pickup , which I would buy :ninja:

funny I'm not a J guy either , except for..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. rastap

rastap

They don't offer P pickups so I would imagine developing a P bass would be more effort than it's worth to them. People have been waiting for a five string Suhr J and they're still waiting.

7. uOpt

uOpt Supporting Member

I think the root of the problem is that P bass players on average aren't much into custom instruments, specifying all the options.

Same problem as with Carvin.