1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Suitable DI for RMC piezo pickups?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by neonrich, Dec 1, 2013.

1. neonrich

neonrich

I've got a Gus G3/5 that has Mag / Piezo / Midi independent outs.. and I've read a lot about tailoring a DI specifically to the Piezo's.

Any recommendations? Thoughts?

The Mags run a B7K or Samsamp BDDI & are well catered for. Would either be ideal for good use with the Piezo's? Or should I look for a Radial or similar for that job?

Thanks!
  2. fokof

fokof Gold Supporting Member

You probably already have that inside:
    http://www.rmcpickup.com/polydrivei.html

It act as the 6 string buffer and a piezo preamp

RMC offers the option "saddle mix" a piezo bus to your existing output , just have to add a switch or blend pot and a little tweak inside.

If you use the RMC piezo internal preamp , no need for a special DI , just your normal 1/4 out and blend RMC and mag signals to your liking.

There a lots of possibilities with GK systems…..