1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Sunbeams

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by mdogs, Mar 28, 2014.

1. mdogs

mdogs

Apr 13, 2010
    Cary, Il
    So, I have had two different Guitar Centers tell me that "DR removed Sunbeams from their stores." ***, why would DR do that? The only DR's I am seeing there now are Hi Beams, Fat Beams, Flats and a couple of different coated strings. I did not ask, but it seems Lo Riders are gone too. I don't buy them from GC often, but once in a while I need strings in a pinch and it was nice to know they had them.

2. Marial

Marial They make pills for that, right? Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Emerald City
    Yep, just order a couple of sets from Jason.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. harpguy74

harpguy74

Oct 2, 2011
    i have only ever gotten my strings from BSO here in my small town in quebec Canada the local guy charges 42$ for a 4 set of dadario xl s. yup I sais 42, and no one has even heard of dr.

5. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Still in production. I was at the DR factory a couple of weeks ago and saw them being wound myself. Photos and story coming soon!

6. Isotonic

Isotonic

Oct 19, 2011
    Round Rock TX
    I was at my local Guitar Center last week. The string selection is very limited. After getting used to buying strings online, I have been spoiled by selection.

7. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Weird, my local GC seems to have stopped stocking Lo-Riders and Sunbeams as well, but the next closest store still has them. They seem to be carrying the DDTs in a 105-45 set now, which they never did before.

8. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

That's crazy! These are my favorite rounds. Dumb move, GC.