Sunburst Early Peavey Fury

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cashhere, Jan 9, 2014.

1. cashhere

cashhere Supporting Member

Just got this and it is absolutely sweet playing and sounds awesome too. This is the first sunburst I have seen, this girl is in near new condition, no wear, I am very pleased. Thought I would share to get some info on the early model USA Fury's. I appreciate any input or comments, thanks....Dave

Attached Files:

2. cashhere

Pic

Attached Files:

3. cashhere

Another

Attached Files:

4. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

I don't know much about Peaveys but I know that isn't super old because they used to have a weird slanted bar PUP. It is probably mid to late eighties cause it has that old headstock. I really wish these had thicker necks and I would own one. Just as good as a fendy IMO. Someone with more Peavey knowledge will tell you more. Have fun!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Exactly. The early models of the Fury looked like this -

[​IMG]

Yours is the next rendition of the Fury. Great basses, and an unbelievable value. Nice buy!

7. cashhere

I knew there was the slanted earlier models, then the one I have with the outlined headstock. While narrow at the nut, the neck on this all but feels like a bat, fits me to a tee very pleased. It is a tad heavy for a fury but it looks like the wood is actually maple to me versus poplar, at least the middle piece.

8. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

I had an '89 like that. The neck was thicker than my current one, which is a later model.

9. RED J

RED J Play what you want how you want & quit arggerin ! Supporting Member

I have one in white, it's such a good bass I can overlook that white is my least favorite color. Mine is 1990, these are what I call second generation, the slants being the first and the block logo ones with slightly different body shapes and cheaper components most common.

10. leadfingers

leadfingers Two decades of lead guitar before finding my way. Supporting Member

Nice looking Fury!
    Congrats!

11. cashhere

Thanks for the info.
    Hey Jim I hope you are enjoying the P.

12. leadfingers

leadfingers Two decades of lead guitar before finding my way. Supporting Member