1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Super j owners, I choose you!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FrizzleFry, Jan 23, 2013.

1. FrizzleFry

FrizzleFry

Here is the situation; two years ago I bought myself a used rickrbacker mapleglow and while I absolutely love looking and hearing it, Im not so set on the ergonomics. I've put it up for sale and while no grabbers yet, I did get an offer to trade it for a dingwall super j I'd like some opinions on it!
  2. msb

msb

Do it .
  3. msb

msb

... and I'm an old Rickenbacker guy . The Super J is worth more and considerably rarer . I doubt you would find another person with a Super J that would be interested in the trade .
  4. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

I owned a 2010 4003 for a while just to see what they are all about. I kept and enjoyed it for about a year. I sold it to fund a five-string version of my four-string Dingwall Super J/P. IMO, it's not fair to compare other instruments to Dingwalls. They are in a league of their own. I'd do the trade in less than a heartbeat.
  5. joebar

joebar Supporting Member

this is an insanely good trade in your favor
    do it do it do it.
  6. FrizzleFry

FrizzleFry

Great, thanks everyone I will be checking it out on Sunday, I will be sure to post pictures when I can
  7. SevenReasons

SevenReasons

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall Guitars, Ashdown Amps
    If ya get it and change you mind hit me up!