1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Super j owners, I choose you!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FrizzleFry, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Here is the situation; two years ago I bought myself a used rickrbacker mapleglow and while I absolutely love looking and hearing it, Im not so set on the ergonomics. I've put it up for sale and while no grabbers yet, I did get an offer to trade it for a dingwall super j I'd like some opinions on it!

2. msb

msb

Jul 3, 2002
    Halifax,N,S. Canada
  3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. msb

msb

Jul 3, 2002
    Halifax,N,S. Canada
    ... and I'm an old Rickenbacker guy . The Super J is worth more and considerably rarer . I doubt you would find another person with a Super J that would be interested in the trade .

5. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    I owned a 2010 4003 for a while just to see what they are all about. I kept and enjoyed it for about a year. I sold it to fund a five-string version of my four-string Dingwall Super J/P. IMO, it's not fair to compare other instruments to Dingwalls. They are in a league of their own. I'd do the trade in less than a heartbeat.

6. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    this is an insanely good trade in your favor
    do it do it do it.

7. Great, thanks everyone I will be checking it out on Sunday, I will be sure to post pictures when I can

8. SevenReasons

SevenReasons

Nov 18, 2005
    LA
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall Guitars, Ashdown Amps
    If ya get it and change you mind hit me up!