Superego Synth Engine? Synths? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by GabeXLeouz, Jan 8, 2014.

1. GabeXLeouz

GabeXLeouz

I would like to know your best opinions about synths, I am kind of noob about effects so I would like to find a good and cheap synth pedal, Also I was wondering if the superego was a good choice :confused: :help:
  2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Welcome to the FX forum. You'll find quite a lot by just searching on "synth" and "superego". :)
  3. Darknut

Darknut Supporting Member

4. clmayhew

clmayhew

Good luck finding good AND cheap. I hear tell that the Behringer is decent for the price.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. johnbegone

johnbegone Supporting Member

Media:
    Agreed - if you're on a very tight budget and looking for an all-in-one synth pedal the Behringer BSY600 is hard to beat. http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/BSY600.aspx
  7. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

There are some nice synths in the Zoom B3 and MS60-B as well.
  8. Mjinsk

Mjinsk

The Superego is a not a "pure synth" pedal, but you can get some really cool sounds with it. I'd recommend to use an expression pedal with it, otherwise, it's pretty hard to keep control on it.
  9. GabeXLeouz

GabeXLeouz

Pretty fun :hyper: Maybe I could get some of the stuff you mention on the vid :) the organ sound made me wanna play the phantom of the opera :bag:
  10. GabeXLeouz

GabeXLeouz

And yeah I mean cheap but not that cheap I just mean something less than $500 LOL
  11. eloann

eloann Supporting Member

Where would you plug an expression pedal in the Superego Mjinsk ?

I have one and it does some pretty unique stuff. Plus the loop opens up new doors (recommending a Zoom MS-60B or something similar in there so you can use several presets).
    BUT, like others said I don't think the "synth engine" description is accurate. The probably couldn't find a better one.
  12. jprmusicman

jprmusicman

Hi there. I had been looking at synth pedal options on and off, (leaning towards the zooms) and actually ended up with an analog bass synth. The korg volca bass, at $150. I'm not knocking synth pedals at all, but am finding this effective and fun to use.
  13. Mjinsk

Mjinsk

I thought there was one, but it looks like I was wrong. :smug:
    My guitarist has the Superego with an expression pedal, i thought it was on all of them, but it looks like he modded it.
  14. primusfan1989

primusfan1989

I don't believe there is a good cheap anwser. Boss, Digitech, and berhinger all make a synth pedal that is reasonably priced but they all have there drawbacks(tracking issues and sounding cheezy at times)