Superior Drummer problem

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Ajak, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Ajak

Ajak

Hey folks,

I recently got myself an audio pc and I'm trying to set up Superior Drummer 2.0. I've succesfully used that software for over 2 years on several older pcs (running windows xp) through Cubase 5. Now I got a new pc with good specs and windows 7.
    Cubase 5 and interface work fine. So today I installed Superior Drummer. It works in Toontrack Solo but it doesn't in Cubase. I can open it on a MIDI track and I can see it load the samples. But when I hit the drums (with my mouse) there's no sound. I can see the drumheads move when I click them, but the meters don't move neither in Cubase nor in Superior Drummer. :help:
    I checked the path for the library folder and it's the same as in Toontracks Solo, so this should be fine.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks
  2. EricssonB

EricssonB

Got me beat. I only use it in FL Studio and it packages it up as any other .vst plugin, really.

Any luck yet?

*basically commenting to bump this*
  3. audioglenn

audioglenn Gold Supporting Member

I don't know who makes Superior Drummer 2.0, but you should check on their website to see if there is a patch you can download for Windows 7. This could just be a driver issue. Also check Steinberg's sight. I know that they went up to Version 5.5 on Cubase before they went to Cubase 6. If you don't have 5.5, the download is free. Hope this helps.