Supervoid EP - My heavy stoner rock band's first release

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Lazarus.Bird, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality Supporting Member

Hi guys. After much hard work, my band has finished our first demo/EP release. I'd appreciate it if you guys would check it out and let me know what you think!

http://supervoid.bandcamp.com/
  2. tlr1293

tlr1293 Supporting Member

Ya - that's the **** - awesome stuff Laz!
  3. Lazarus.Bird

4. Lazarus.Bird

Bump for the weekday surfers :)
  5. heavybrother

heavybrother

Oh crap, I just saw this on Bandcamp yesterday, and just now saw your post here. I've been luking here for a while, and see your posts all the time. Awesome stuff you guys have!
  6. LanOsb133

LanOsb133

I enjoy this quite a lot. Way different than stuff I normally listen to, but its really good.
  7. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude Supporting Member

Cool, cant wait to hear it. Haven't listened to any Stoner rock stuff in a while(As Sleep and Black Cobra haven't been coming up recently on My Ipod shuffle). I will give it a listen when I gets home today.
  8. Lazarus.Bird

9. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Albums:
    I got a chance to listen to the 2 tracks yesterday and have to say that I really enjoyed it. I like the atmospheric stuff mixed with the big riffs. Thanks for sharing.
  10. agreatheight

agreatheight

OK, that is pretty cool stuff. The vocals took me by surprise - the clean vocals were quite nice, and the cookie monster stuff didn't bother me at all! Nice work.
  11. Lazarus.Bird

If anyone is curious, I'm using...

'85 Rickenbacker 4003 w/ Chromes
    SVT-7 Pro
    Greenboy Dually built by Don Barry

Sanford and Sonny Bluebeard is on the entire time, except for the clean jam part towards the end of Arcane Groves
    Heavy Electronics El Oso on the big massive riffs
    Small Stone Nano for the small phaser parts in Arcane Groves
  12. sludgelord3000

sludgelord3000

Good stuff, man. Strong vocals. You don't really hear that much in stoner rock.

As a matter of fact... I think the growly vox take away a bit of the strength of the clean. Growly metal bands are a dime a dozen, but singers with your mouthdude's range are rare these days (though the growls therein are pretty dope).

Two resin-stained thumbs up.
  13. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

Awesome stuff, I love it. Bought a download copy, and liked on FB.

Great work all around. How soon are You Guys looking at recording more?
  14. Lazarus.Bird

Thanks man! Really appreciate the support.

We actually have enough solid material to do a full length right now, but we've only played 3 shows so far! We've been focusing quality over quantity, but have some cool gigs lined up.

Would be nice if we could start working on a full length in the Spring, but we have to figure out where our financial priorities are. This EP has been so well received, we may work on getting it put on vinyl as one of our next steps. Unfortunately Arcane Groves is too long to fit on one side of a 7" :p
  15. ZombieSpacebat

ZombieSpacebat

Really good dude, clean vocals were unexpected but very well done (my stoner/doom band uses clean as well). Looking forward to hearing more from you, although i'm on the wrong side of the planet to catch one of your shows any time soon :(
  16. CnB77

CnB77

I'm only 45 seconds into the first track, but I already love it. You guys know what you're doing
  17. JoeVictim

JoeVictim

10"!
  18. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

I must say, I love the vibe that You Guy's genre has going on. Knowing, that I was a huge fan of the "M.O.R - Sabotage" era Sabbath stuff, My Younger brother turned Me on to some Stoner rock a few years back. Honestly, the thought has crossed My mind several times to get into playing it, but I am unfamiliar with any folks that may be in the "scene" in My area. That being said, at this point in the game being suddenly bandless at the moment, certainly makes Me want to try it even more. Funny thing, the last time I played anything remotely close was back in the 90's (Grungy /Hardcore stuff).

I totally understand (time and money spent), if You're gonna do it, by all means do it right. A vinyl would be sick, but if it wont go on a 7" format may as well hold out for a dual 12" full length ;)(I'm an idiot for vinyl).
  19. Lazarus.Bird

It is a blast. The genre has no rules, just play what grooves and is fun.

I know some pretty prolific bands have come out of Georgia (Mastodon, Black Tusk, Kylesa, etc) but not sure how the scene is there. Pittsburgh in general has a very musician-friendly scene. Lots of people come out to shows, so playing out is a great time.
  20. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

Awesome. I think that is what I found missing from the typical local "Rock" scene that I've been around for the past few years. Yes, I am familiar with Mastodon (which I really like), but the others are new to Me. I will check them out for sure.