1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Surine Homage NTIII 5 string neck through jazz bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Brad Johnson, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
    The Homage series is Scott Surine's tip of the hat to Fender Jazz basses, of which I'm a big fan. This is not a Jazz clone or copy.

Neck through, Southern Ash wings, Birdseye board, ABM bridge, Gotoh tuners. Surine branded Levy's Cordura bag. Bartolini single coils and custom NTCT-H preamp. The preamp is three bands boost only. Turn all three bands down and there's no output. Once I figured this out it was easy to dial in killer tones.

The Surine decal is worn off under the string tree. That's it as far as issues. It took a minute to figure out how the preamp (NTCT-H) worked, now I can dial in whatever I want. Typically just a big mean fingerstyle tone or vicious slap. I just had Kevin Brubaker build a ramp for it because I planned on keeping it. It's installed with two-sided tape so it's removable.

Recent pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Turns out this is serial number 001 in this model. There's a full color brochure featuring the bass I bought on the Surine website including front and back pics, specs AND retail pricing.

http://www.surinebasses.com/downloads/SB_ProductProfile_HNTIII_0534Med.pdf

Pics from Surine's website:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a lot of great basses by most standards, I'm selling a few. This bass retailed for $5k new, $2200 shipped in CONUS for a quick sale. PM for fastest response. Trade value would be higher, I'd much rather sell than trade.
  2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
  3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars
  4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Disclosures:
    Brubaker Guitars