1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Suspected ripping off by a Alembic seller. What's next?

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help Desk' started by b-for-beatles, Nov 2, 2012.

1. b-for-beatles

b-for-beatles

Story.
    A alambic seller put up a bass here and after several email communcation I agreed to buy. Seller asked me to pay via international bank transfer (I live in hong kong btw) and I did with all banking information he provided as he said he need money urgently. (And he asked me to send to his monther account).I then left for holiday for two days and, in these 2 days, he emailed me 40+ times saying he gave me wrong bank information and ask me redo, and at the same time, complaining why I did not reply his emails and he would like to re-list the bass etc. I then did a urgent bank transfer again and he received the money early this month. Since then he rarely updated me the status of the deal and replied after two weeks of payment saying he was busy. Many excuses followed saying he need to seek for doctor help for the depression and admitted to hospital for thyroid problem. It's been a month now and lastly he provided me with a USPS link with a number showing an international parcel but not mentioning where to send and what is it. I emailed and report to the talkbass but no reply so far. (I know they have no responsibility of taking care of it but I just want some advice or direction where to look for help). So what can I do next?:crying:
  2. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

So... you paid for the bass twice? Or did the first transfer fail and you used the same $$ to make the second payment?
  3. brett7276

brett7276 Supporting Member

I had a similar situation w a guy from Texas on here. I got the moderators involved and they were very helpful
  4. Flabass

Flabass Supporting Member

Is the seller in the USA? If so the local authorities may be able to help.
  5. b-for-beatles

b-for-beatles

I paid once. The failed one returned but handling charge paid...
  6. b-for-beatles

b-for-beatles

Yes, in USA.
  7. b-for-beatles

b-for-beatles

I thought all bassists are basically good....
  8. WilsonMusic

WilsonMusic funky as a fro Supporting Member

Okay guys, he's talking about me. I had some issues getting the bass out to him but has since been shipped just like he mentioned and a tracking number showing progress was provided......not sure why this thread was posted, but you have in the info everybody gets when they buy a bass.
    So everybody can track this bass with you:
    Click-N-Ship® Payment Details
    Acct #:*54468262
    Transaction Number:*245844797
    Transaction Date/Time:*10/30/2012 02:28 PM*CDT
    Transaction Amount:*$114.86
    Credit Card Number:*XXXX XXXX XXXX 2794
    Priority Mail International #*CJ 166 483 615 US*(Sequence Number 1 of 1)
    Shipped to: address hidden to respect privacy
    HAPPY VALLEY
    HONG KONG

I have nothing to hide Nicholas, and I have no clue what you're trying to pull here. I'm a good talk bass user and everything I sold has been shipped and received with positive feedback left.
  9. uptowndirt

uptowndirt Supporting Member

sometimes life dose get in the way.............be cool.
  10. b-for-beatles

b-for-beatles

Hi Mr,
    All you provided me is this:

On Wednesday, 31 October 2012, scbassist wrote:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action

Enter cj166483615us. Shows update.

When I track it, it only shows:

YOUR LABEL NUMBER
    SERVICE
    STATUS OF YOUR ITEM
    DATE & TIME
    CJ166483615US
    Priority Mail International Parcels
    Dispatched to Sort Facility
    October 31, 2012, 7:52 pm
    COLUMBIA, SC 29205
    International Parcels

I did not disclose you but now you disclosed all my personal information despite I have nothing to hide as well.

BTW, did I make up a single thing in my post?
  11. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

1) WilsonMusic is a stand up guy.

2) The tracking shows it's on the way to you, so what's the issue with the tracking?
  12. 76JazzRay

76JazzRay Supporting Member

seems like the personal info post should at least be removed.
  13. b-for-beatles

b-for-beatles

Sir,
    all the information below he did not send to me at all. Only mention the link and tracking number. They information in his post DOES NOT show up when you check with the tracking number.
  14. WilsonMusic

I removed his personal info.

But Nick, what do you expect a tracking number to do? It tracks the status of the package.
  15. WilsonMusic

You're right, that's my emailed receipt I posted. When I've sold a bass in the past, all I do is provide a tracking number. Anyone can tell you, that's normal
  16. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

USPS tracking numbers are very vague. Once it leaves the US, you will get no updates.
  17. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

All you need is the tracking number and link to go to. Also remember, packages are moving slow right now due to the storm up the east coast. Seems to be slowing everything down.
  18. WilsonMusic

I contacted the moderator about this situation and thread. I don't understand why this was even posted
  19. WilsonMusic

Nick, I think it's time to drop this issue and these charges you threatened me with. I've done nothing wrong. Contents of his last email to me

Action started,
    please check the topic in talkbass:*Suspected ripping off by a Alembic seller. What's next?The bank account you asked me to send money informed. FBI criminal dept filed. Hong Kong police force filed. My bank filed.Yes. Last email indeed
  20. sforzato

sforzato

Maybe you should wait for the package and not assume the worst. It sounds like it is on it's way. I think it's a little premature to call this a rip off. Give it time to get there.
    Not all bassists are good people, only the good ones.