SVT 15E

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by deepbluesuk, Dec 6, 2013.

1. deepbluesuk

deepbluesuk

Has anyone tried putting a Kappalite 3015 in one of these? I was wondering about adjustments to port sizes etc. I'd like to use a pair of them.
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I never have, but I've read about others who have put them in 115e's and cabs similar, and it seems as though the 3015 is turning out to be a very versatile speaker that works in a lot of different boxes. I'll leave it to others who know more than me to give specifics, but so far I've heard overwhelmingly positive results from those who have done it.
  3. deepbluesuk

deepbluesuk

Thanks Jimmy
  4. deepbluesuk

deepbluesuk

Ok, so has anyone actually done this? Or, has anyone put a 3015 into anther cabinet?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Warwick Qc418

Warwick Qc418 Supporting Member

I put a basslite 2515 in mine and was disappointed. I'd recommend adding some bracing before replacing to a more powerful speaker.
  7. dropbass

dropbass

Oo wanna hear how this turns out as well. I have a b series 15e cab coming. I want to def switch the speaker to something closer to my svt 15
  8. Signs

Signs

There are some older threads on Talkbass re putting a 3015 in different cabs. Look at Eminence' site, and the speaker design PDF for this speaker. It looks like it performs well in a relatively small cabinet compared with some other 15's.

http://www.eminence.com/speakers/speaker-detail/?model=Kappalite_3015

Look at the factory Large and Medium cabinet designs. I have been thinking about making a smaller (re their medium) 15 inch cab with this speaker.

Here's a TB thread discussing that speaker and putting in a different cab. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/3015-plus-mid-vs-fearful-1002873/ There were other threads also. One guy who could give you a very knowledgeable answer would be Bill Fitzmaurice...
  9. Signs

Signs

10. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

What was the disappointing part of the sound that bracing would have fixed?