1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

SVT 4 Pro Bridged Output Connector

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jd_watt, Mar 23, 2014.

1. jd_watt

jd_watt

Hi all,

I was under the impression that a special neutrik Speakon cable was needed to run out of the amp's mono bridge output to a single cab, but the manual below doesn't make any reference to it, nor does Ampeg sell this specific cable. Will I be ok running out of the amp with a standard Speakon cable? Thanks for your help. Just getting ready for today's rehearsal!

http://www.ampeg.com/pdf/SVT4PRO_OM.pdf

Additionally, they are showing how to build one, but I'm wondering if this is only necessary if one end is quarter inch.

The website also says the following: "Q7) When I use my SVT-4PRO mono-bridged the volume is not what I expected for a 1600 watt amplifier. What's wrong?
    Check your Speakon plug, it should be wired for +1 (positive) and +2 (negative) on the amp end. The cabinet end should be wired in the standard fashion, which is +1 (positive) and -1 (negative). Be sure to depress the stereo/mono-bridge button"

Perhaps I should just purchase a 2nd Speakon cable and rewire it? Thanks again for having a look!

2. jd_watt

jd_watt

I also found this: Q14) What kind of speaker cable is required to mono bridge my SVT-IV PRO?
    The prefered cable is 12 gauge with Speakon to Speakon connectors. Be sure to wire the Speakon on the "amp" end for +1 (positive) and +2 (negative). On the "cabinet" end wire the Speakon for +1 (positive) and -1 (negative). It is a good idea to label each end so there is no confusion on the gig.

So, am I just looking at opening my speakon cable and rewiring?