SVT 4 Pro Bridged Output Connector

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jd_watt, Mar 23, 2014.

1. jd_watt

Mar 22, 2013
    Hi all,

I was under the impression that a special neutrik Speakon cable was needed to run out of the amp's mono bridge output to a single cab, but the manual below doesn't make any reference to it, nor does Ampeg sell this specific cable. Will I be ok running out of the amp with a standard Speakon cable? Thanks for your help. Just getting ready for today's rehearsal!

Additionally, they are showing how to build one, but I'm wondering if this is only necessary if one end is quarter inch.

The website also says the following: "Q7) When I use my SVT-4PRO mono-bridged the volume is not what I expected for a 1600 watt amplifier. What's wrong?
    Check your Speakon plug, it should be wired for +1 (positive) and +2 (negative) on the amp end. The cabinet end should be wired in the standard fashion, which is +1 (positive) and -1 (negative). Be sure to depress the stereo/mono-bridge button"

Perhaps I should just purchase a 2nd Speakon cable and rewire it? Thanks again for having a look!
  2. jd_watt

Mar 22, 2013
    I also found this: Q14) What kind of speaker cable is required to mono bridge my SVT-IV PRO?
    The prefered cable is 12 gauge with Speakon to Speakon connectors. Be sure to wire the Speakon on the "amp" end for +1 (positive) and +2 (negative). On the "cabinet" end wire the Speakon for +1 (positive) and -1 (negative). It is a good idea to label each end so there is no confusion on the gig.

So, am I just looking at opening my speakon cable and rewiring?