1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

SVT-410HLF Without Markings

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by djkool, Jan 19, 2014.

1. djkool

djkool Supporting Member

Just curious if there are such things as SVT-410HLF knock-offs or not.

I bought this cab a few months ago and have gigged with it several times. Sounds great. Not sure why, but I looked for some info on the rear input panel...and it's completely blank. The cab was so obviously a 410HLF when I bought it that I didn't pay much attention to the rear panel and didn't really care the age because it was essentially pristine. Now it's beginning to irritate me by its absence. Inputs and horn dial are correct and the attenuation is labeled. Just looks like someone either removed the label or printing and painted the panel black.

Should I be concerned or am I just paranoid?
  2. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

The sticker was not even attached on my same model cab when I bought it. Found it loose in the cardboard box...
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    There is no real business in making 410hlf knockoffs that I know of, so I wouldn't sweat it personally. Could have been removed or not attached like Alexander's.
  4. Bass 45

Bass 45 Supporting Member

The rear plate would have originally had a sticker on it that is fairly easy to remove (if you wanted to).

If you are curious enough, you can unscrew the rear plate and inspect the circuit board for relevant markings - like "Ampeg" or SLM (Ampeg's former parent company) or "Loud" (current parent company).

If you want to pull a speaker to check for it's authenticity, an original should have an Eminence date code that starts with 67-(the next two digits will be the year it was made) and if it is original, it should also have this Ampeg part number on it: 86-510-04
  5. Bass 45

^Hey, my avatar is gone:/
  6. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Must be time to renew your support?
  7. Bass 45

Yes - I forgot I got an email about that
  8. djkool

djkool Supporting Member

Thanks for the reassurance, guys. Love the sound of a low B through that cab.

Another question: do you think it would couple well with an 810 even though the 410 is ported and the 810 is not? Or is it a waste of time? Not sure the venue is big enough to need both, but I'm curious if anyone has experience with this. I've never tried playing both my cabs as a stack and thought it might be fun to see if I could get my hair to blow.
  9. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

They are very different designs with different strengths and properties. The world will not come to an end if you try it but the result might be less than the sum of its parts...
    Many (most?) on TB will prefer the 810 to one or even two HLF cabs. I feel the opposite and the HLF fits MY basses, amps and more importantly, band and songs like a glove.
    No mud, woofiness or lack of clarity. The 810 does a good job to, but I have to tweak the tone controls etc. more to get the tone I want.