SVT-CL and Bergantino HT322

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by InhumanResource, Dec 20, 2013.

1. InhumanResource

InhumanResource

Hey all,

First real post, however I've been reading all of your insight and info for years! Just wondering if anyone has tried this combination out before and what their thoughts are. I have an HT322 and am using a Genz Benz shuttle 6.2 to push it - great head/cab combo for sure!

I recently came into possession of an american standard j-bass that I really don't have any reason to keep...and was thinking of maybe trading it in towards a used svt-cl.

Would appreciate any experience folks may have had with this combo!

2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

Here you go!

[​IMG]

I don't have a 322 any more, but this was one of my favorite rigs. The CL can really push the 322 and get great response from it.

3. InhumanResource

InhumanResource

Hey, no kidding! Thanks a lot, I may go out shopping after the holiday and see about picking one up.

4. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

It's a great combination as long as you can lift it. Together they weigh nearly 200 pounds. The 322 got passed over in favor of lighter cabs. The SVT stayed, though.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bean639

Bean639 Supporting Member

I've got a CL on the way to sit atop my Berg NV215. :).

A bit off topic, just wanted to share.:sly::sly:

7. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

I have a Berg 322 that I use with either an SVT-CL or 7 Pro.

The low end can get a bit loose with the SVT but the mid and treble tonality is very sweet.
    It is a really clean, clear rig with a VERY 3-D soundstage.
    Hard to dumb it down to sound like an old 60's cab.
    My favorite practice rig.

With the 7-Pro it is easier to control the bass and it sounds very similar.
    For some gigs, the 322 is just too much a hi-fi cabinet.
    Have played the same club / same set lists and have found that sometimes my 2x12 w/ tweet Dr. Bass cabs sits better in the mix although not as big or clear.

We are talking small degrees here but if your lugging a 100lb Berg, it's all about the tone.
    I mounted a piece of 3/4 Birch plywood with 6 lag screw and then large wheels to that as the original wheels were trashed and I wanted better rolling without carving up the bottom of the cab.

Both win the "awkward to carry award"

8. InhumanResource

InhumanResource

You're not kidding about the weight...though I actually downsized to the Berg from a Hartke 4200. The berg actually fits in the back seat of my car (a small sedan) and I can carry it by myself, unlike the Hartke.

Plus it sounds light years better! Honestly, the Genz Benz with it sounds fantastic, no regrets at all...but I always wanted to get hold of a tube amp for a while and might have the opportunity now. I figure it won't get quite to that 60's vibe, since it isn't a sealed cab (maybe Santa will bring one of those NV610's).