1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

SVT-HD SkunkWorks Dave Ryan

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Moosiclover81, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Moosiclover81

Moosiclover81

Hi, I have a lead on a SVT-HD serial number 1007.

I have done some research and believe that this was made by Dave Ryan, but it isn't an official part of the 500 SkunkWorks models.

I found a forum on another site and a guy had an SVT-hd serial number 1112 with writing inside saying "tested and built by Dave ryan" SLM 500..... I believe the seller said that Dave Ryan has his writing inside as well, but we discussed a lot and I don't remember for sure.

Is this serial HD-1007 a Dave Ryan post official "Skunkworks" bass amp?

I read that they went to japanese MTI and that components were switched out, etc.

I heard from the guy selling it that Dave Ryan and co. had parts around and built several more "skunkworks" type amps...

What is the value of a great condition, recently gone through, working SVT-HD serial 1007 amp?

What should i consider paying for it?
  2. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

3. kohntarkosz

kohntarkosz

I thought the Skunkworks was the place the USAF reverse-engineered crashed UFOs. I guess Ampeg's skunkworks is where they reverse-engineer Behringers.