1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

SVT-HD SkunkWorks Dave Ryan

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Moosiclover81, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Moosiclover81

Moosiclover81

Hi, I have a lead on a SVT-HD serial number 1007.

I have done some research and believe that this was made by Dave Ryan, but it isn't an official part of the 500 SkunkWorks models.

I found a forum on another site and a guy had an SVT-hd serial number 1112 with writing inside saying "tested and built by Dave ryan" SLM 500..... I believe the seller said that Dave Ryan has his writing inside as well, but we discussed a lot and I don't remember for sure.

Is this serial HD-1007 a Dave Ryan post official "Skunkworks" bass amp?

I read that they went to japanese MTI and that components were switched out, etc.

I heard from the guy selling it that Dave Ryan and co. had parts around and built several more "skunkworks" type amps...

What is the value of a great condition, recently gone through, working SVT-HD serial 1007 amp?

What should i consider paying for it?

2. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

3. kohntarkosz

kohntarkosz Banned

I thought the Skunkworks was the place the USAF reverse-engineered crashed UFOs. I guess Ampeg's skunkworks is where they reverse-engineer Behringers.