1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

SVT PRO 7 on a Hartke 410 hydrive??

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by CompactedOrc, Feb 11, 2014.

1. CompactedOrc

CompactedOrc

Is an SVT PRO 7 good on a Hartke 410 hydrive? I want to know if the ohms match. I already have and svt pro 7 and I'm looking into buying the hydrive. Is this a good match. I'm not tech savvy
    so please let me know before I buy it. I've heard that the ohms do not match. I've also heard that its better to get a cabinet with less wattage.Thanks.:bassist:

2. VeganThump

VeganThump

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, but if I were you, I'd stop using that source. The Hartke hydrive 410 would match very well with an SVT-7 based on technical specifications. The SVT-7 can run at 4 or 8 ohms and puts out 600watts and 1000 watts respectively, the Hartke Hydrive is 8ohms and can handle 1000 watts. So to answer your question, they will be a good match as far as impedance goes. As far as how they sound together, I can comment on that because I have never heard them together. I would recommend trying out a few different cabs with the 7Pro to see what works best for you. I use my 7pro with an Ampeg 810e and it sounds killer.

3. CompactedOrc

CompactedOrc

4. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables, Dirtbag Clothing
    You cant under power a speaker if thats what your asking.
    Like stated, Your amp will run at 4 or 8 ohms, The hydrive is 8ohms so your fine there.

The SVT is only 1000 watts into a 4ohm load, so you would need two Hydrive 410s to see the 1000 watts. The 600 watts into a any cab is enough to pop the speakers if your not careful.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. CompactedOrc

CompactedOrc

Thanks to the both of you. I'm getting the hydrive 410 and later ill add the hydrive 115 to the rig. Thanks again. Very helpful.

7. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Dont.

Get the 410. If you like the sound. Add a second 410.

8. CompactedOrc

CompactedOrc

That makes me a little nervous. I play at local bars. Like the size of Hooters. Maybe even smaller than that. You know what a Hooters is, right? You think I'll need something that big? I should slap myself for even thinking of getting the 115. You tell me man. I can play but I'm not a sound expert.

9. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables, Dirtbag Clothing
    If you dont need a second 410 then you certainly dont need the 15 which will probably do little for your tone other then put the 10s up closer to your ears

10. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    +1

11. CompactedOrc

CompactedOrc