1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

SVT VR and Vintage Microtubes

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by husky123, Jan 21, 2014.

1. husky123

husky123 Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Leesburg, VA
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Hey guys, I'm looking to dirty up my SVT VR at lower volumes. I have a LoMenzo Hyperdrive inline now that I like pretty much but I'm thinking about giving the VM a try. Is anyone running the two (SVT plus VM)? Wondering if it's too much of a good thing or if the 2 play well together?

2. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Disclosures:
    Douglas Castro, Founder: darkglass.com
    As the guy who makes the pedal in question my bias is more than evident: But I love the combo, specially for getting that nice break up at lower volumes.

Like I said, I benefit directly from you following my advise so take it for what is worth ;).

Hopefully someone with no vested interest can give you a more valuable advise.

Regards,
    Doug.

3. husky123

Jul 6, 2006
    Leesburg, VA
    Disclosures:
    Hey Doug, thanks for chiming in. I always respect your opinion because you seem to be a straight shooter. I did go ahead and order it so I'm looking for to giving it a workout soon! Thanks man.

4. Bean639

Bean639

Aug 18, 2010
    Richmond, Va
    I'm doing a battle right now for what head to use. Either a SVT-CL or CarvinB2000 into a Berg NV215. I used both my dingwall and G&L going to a compressor into the B7K effing cranked.

Long story short, it works just fine through both heads, it's the best problem I've ever had. ;)

P.S. I will say that putting the compressor in front is critical to both setups. That might just be me though, I have the grunt bass on with the lows nearly pegged on the B7k plus Bass boosting on the heads. Damn metal bands!

5. Sponsored by:

6. Lol @ Doug....yea Husky, it's killer. My fav out of my 3 DG pedals to play through this rig!
    [​IMG]

7. husky123

Jul 6, 2006
    Leesburg, VA
    Disclosures:
    Nice right there!

8. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I don't have a VR, but my Vintage is great in front of my Mesa Prodigy!

9. Ouffff that WAL... dammit. so beautiful.