SVT810 + 410HLF+HPF=?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by djkool, Mar 1, 2014.

1. djkool

djkool Supporting Member

Will an 810e coexist well (reinforce versus conflict) with a 410hlf if a high pass filter is used to tame the 410's lowest frequencies? Is there enough sound difference between the non-ported 10's and the ported 10's to make them incompatible? Anybody have experience with this?

2. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    The 410HLF has a significantly lower sensitivity than the 810e. You'd be wasting your time and effort to pair them, especially with a HPF IMO. Basically, you'd hardly notice the 410HLF is there.

By all means, feel free to pair them. Try them with and without a HPF. See if you get any weird sound stuff going on or if you like the result. Phase issues don't hurt your equipment so you can look at it as a science experiment. ;)

3. Sartori

Sartori

You'd also be feeding as much power to a 4x10 as to the 8x10, making the speakers in the former work harder for relatively little benefit.

I mean, if you keep the output sensible, I doubt it'll hurt anything, but I don't really see the point, unless the 810 isn't doing enough, volume-wise, by itself.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Justin Meldal-Johnsen used to use a 410hlf and 810e together when he toured with Ima Robot. He loved it. But he also used separate amps for each cab, which helps greatly for mixing cabs.

5. Register to disable this ad