SVT810E: dumb question & dating

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by vivaknoxvegas, Feb 19, 2014.

1. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas

I'm running 1/4" input, not Speakon. I want to connect the amp in one of the lower two 1/4" inputs right? I am running this with an SVT-CL

What is dual mode and mono mode?

[​IMG]

Is this a 2003 cabinet? The fifth letter in the serial # determines the year, right?

Sorry for the small picture. Photobucket shrunk it for some reason.

2. Grissle

Grissle

Yes, that's the correct speaker input.

3. Forrrest

Forrrest

fifth letter in the serial # determines the year.
    correct.
    2003 = P

Dual mode, you can use the Lower 4x10 and Top 4X10 separately. each 8 ohms 9use this if you're using a stereo amp or two amp setup)

Mono mode, all 8 speakers, 4 ohms

4. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas

Talkbass rules. Thank you all.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. sharkbait130

sharkbait130

Here's the whole 9 yards on the 1/4 inputs. If you just use the top single 1/4 input , you will be only using the top 4 speakers in the cab at 8 ohms. If you use the top 1/4 and one of the bottom 1/4 inputs , the top input will be using the top 4 speakers at 8 ohms and the bottom input will be using the bottom 4 speakers also at 8 ohms. If you use either of the lower 1/4 inputs with nothing plugged into the top input , you will be using all 8 speakers at 4 ohms. The same stuff applies if you are using either of the speakon connections instead of the two 1/4 inputs that are between the single input on top and the 2 speakon connections. Oh yeah , make sure the speakers are hooked up before turning the amp on and if you are running one 8 10 cabinet , make sure the ohms switch on the back of the amp is set at 4 ohms.