1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Swap EMG's out for Nords?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by stepswork4me, Dec 28, 2012.

1. stepswork4me

stepswork4me Supporting Member

I just picked up a used bass that has EMG 40 hz's and the EMG B64 pre in it and I'm considering changing them out for Nord Big Splits and the 3b pre. Anybody know if this will work size wise as a direct swap or have anyother opinions on the matter?

Like I have to ask.... :D
  2. stepswork4me

3. rojo412

rojo412 You're entering a world of bass... Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    You can order the Nordstrands in the 40 shape and get the spacing correct as well. I believe bestbassgear.com can handle that kind of order, it'll just take some time.

And I've never tried the 3B, but Nordstrand makes great stuff.
    What kind of bass is it?
  4. stepswork4me

It's an ltd f-205. It's probobly going to serve as a backup to a custom with a big split at the bridge and mm3 at the mm position.
  5. rojo412

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    You'd just have to measure the string spacing above each pickup, then they would make you a set that fits properly. But it's possible.
  6. stepswork4me

Thank you.
  7. rojo412

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    No problem! You should definitely post progress updates, too. I'd love to hear how things turn out for you.
  8. stepswork4me

Yes, Sir. It may be a bit. I want to compare the two, first. I'm waiting on the custom.