Sweepable, resonant HPF & LPF Pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gmarcus, Mar 8, 2014.

1. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

Does anyone make a pedal that has independently sweepable high pass and lowpass filters. Even better if they have adjustable resonance peaks and extra bonus points for expression pedal control of the LPF.

I have an Fdeck HPF and an Iron Ether Xenograph on my board. I'm trying to put together a really small board so combining these too would be great and adding resonance to the HPF would allow me to get a really meaty sound without over taxing the speakers. I play right into a powered PA cabinet so having control over the high and low end is key.

https://sites.google.com/site/hpftechllc/home/hpf-pre

http://ironether.com/pedals/xerograph/

2. M0ses

M0ses

I don't know of any, unfortunately, but it wouldn't be hard to mount this in a pedal box instead of a bass if you have a little bit of DIY inclination.

I'm not sure if the HPF on this, or any other pedal meant for tone shaping rather than utility, would achieve exactly the same thing as the Fdeck.

3. gmarcus

That is a cool pre-amp! You could make the ultimate reggae bass with it:bassist:

Unfortunately it doesn't have the HPF that I am looking for. I love FDECK's implementation with a corner frequency sweepable from 35hz to 150hz. It lets me take out the boom. Adding resonance to it would be amazing (Are you listening Fdeck or Iron Ether :help:) also adding the resonant sweepable low pass over the complete range would be perfect.

4. shwashwa

shwashwa

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. gmarcus

Yeah take a small bit if what that can do and put it in a pedal

7. M0ses

M0ses

Ah, I see actually did not read the explanation of that HPF carefully enough. Definitely not you want at all, lol. However, still working with the DIY idea, it probably really wouldn't be too hard to fit the Xerograph and the Fdeck into one moderately sized stompbox together.

They both run on 9v so the power supply shouldn't even be hard to figure out.

8. NeroJazz

NeroJazz Gold Supporting Member

Iron Ether did a custom Xerograph for John Davis that was both LPF and HPF. That thing was wicked!

9. JohnDavisNYC

JohnDavisNYC

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar, D'Addario, Subdecay, Tonefactor
    Was and is wicked. Taylor said it was a total pain in the ass to make... Sorry dude! It does sound pretty wicked, but isn't really what you're looking for I don't think... It was more for synth style hpf sweeps.

J

10. eloann

eloann

Check out the upcoming Dr Scientist BitQuest

11. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Supporting Member

I also think this is a good idea.

Basically, what I'd like, is fDeck's HPF and a similar LPF in one pedal/box. If that's possible.