1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Sweet deal on Ibanez Artcore

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Personatech, Feb 19, 2013.

1. jasper383

jasper383 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    These are nice basses.

Brand new with a case for $434. Excellent.

2. Sponsored by:

to hide this ad and more.
  3. jasper383

jasper383 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    I just bought one with case. 15 minutes later, Sweetwater called to make sure everything was as I had wanted it.

Great customer service as always from Sweetwater.

4. ShonnaFan

ShonnaFan Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2011
    North Carolina
  5. If it weren't for the short scale neck, I'd have grabbed one myself. Instead, I have my eye on a Dearmond Starfire bass to fill my hollowbody needs. That Ibby sure looks sweet though - I suppose at that price I can easily flip it if it doesn't float my boat.

6. ShonnaFan

ShonnaFan Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2011
    North Carolina
    The DeArmond Starfires are beautiful instruments. Haven't played one, but I'm sure it's in a different class than the Aria hollow bodies.

I figured for $299, I can scratch my hollow body itch Like you say, I could flip it for something better if I really get into the hollow body vibe.

7. I grabbed one for that price from Sweetwater and it arrived two days ago. What an awesome bass. I just put some flatwounds on it,am even more excited now and am now looking for a gig bag.

This is my first experience with a short scale neck, but I found it very easy to just start playing, and I really like the short scale neck on this.