1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Sweetwater experience

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bohemond, May 22, 2013.

1. bohemond

bohemond

How many have ordered from Sweetwater. I just had the best online service from that company over any others I have dealt with before, I ordered the Pigtronix Philosopher Bass Compressor pedal, Free Shipping. Plus it arrived in 2 Days!My second time ordering thru them. Knowledgableand friendly sales staff as well/ And the Pigtronix Compressor is awesome
  2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight Supporting Member

Sweetwater is the king of customer service. You can order a set of strings there and they'll treat you like you just bought a $3000 rig.

In a world of subpar customer service and sales associates' obsession with trying to upsale, it's very refreshing to deal with a great company.
  3. SolarGranola

SolarGranola

They're amazing. Kinda sucks sometimes. I feel guilty when I see a really good deal elsewhere. I always end up getting it from Sweetwater anyway at whatever price they have it at.

Sweetwater is like a lover that's too good.You feel guilty when you're not going with them and they call all the time. :bag:

The calling thing is a little off-putting at first because it's so out of the ordinary, but now I think it's awesome. I honestly feel like my Sales Engineer is a buddy. He knows a ton of info about the stuff I'm interested in. I'll sit there and have conversations about bass playing and music for damn near an hour sometimes.

He's good at subtly fueling my GAS and the whole guilt thing.
  4. Fair Warning

Fair Warning Supporting Member

Best of the best
  5. EmptyCup

EmptyCup Supporting Member

Just ordered a Mackie 402vlz3 mixer and a piano bench from them. 2nd order in as many years. Free shipping to my door arrived in 2-3 days!!!

Great customer service even better on the second order (?)
    They called me twice to ask if I was satisfied and wanted to know if I had any questions. (my order total was less than $150)

I would not hesitate to buy from them again.
  6. dewbass4

dewbass4

+1
    I've been dealing with them for years and I'm amazed at the high level of service each time I order something. Size of the order doesn't matter. Same great service on $10 tuner or $4000 of studio gear. The tech support is also second to none.:hyper: I don't know of any other web / big box companies that have customer reps that call after the order to make sure everything is satisfactory.
  7. MOTORHEADBANGER

MOTORHEADBANGER Supporting Member

I live about 35-40 min. from their store/recording facility/HQ in Fort Wayne and make it a habit of stopping by at least 2-3 times a month, even if it is just to test drive or window shop. Very knowledgeable/friendly staff and a great atmosphere. The guys on the floor and my sales engineer are always great to chat with and have given some great deals over the past few years. I tend to by my basses/guitars used, but when it comes to new gear or accessories, they always have my business.
  8. Raymeous

Raymeous

My first experience with Sweetwater was ordering some recording software and an interface, while on deployment. The stuff arrived in my hand 11 days later while I was bouncing around somewhere in the Pacific. 11 days?! Ok yeah some of that is chance stuff, but still.

Having a sales rep is a very nice touch as well. I received an email from my rep at the time, to hold off on one of the purchases I had discussed with him. "Don't buy it yet. A new version is coming out next month and this will be taking a huge price drop" So I waited, and was able to buy something that was $600 for $150, simply due to a new version coming out and my rep letting me know about it, instead of just grabbing a quick sale.

At one point I even sent an email to Mitch Gallager, asking about one of the Sweetwater Minute videos, and received a response the next evening. Not too shabby.

So yes their customer service is awesome. Heck that thing about packing candy in the box is real too. Can't argue with that.

I do have an order waiting to arrive at the moment. The waiting part in this case is Fed Ex and not Sweetwater. FedEx has been to my house to drop it off 3 times, around 9am on weekdays. Um hello? I work for a living. Ok ok I go to this place where they pay me to show up. But they couldn't leave it on the porch or come back after 5? Now I have to drive to a distribution center to go pick up my box. Oh well.

If I didn't have a close personal friend working at GC (and fairly high up these days) I'd be buying more of my stuff from Sweetwater. My experience with Sweetwater has been outstanding and I would highly recommend them.

:hyper:
  9. steelbed45

steelbed45 TRemington Supporting Member

Just received my Zoom BS60-B pedal from them. I'd recommend Sweetwater to any fellow musician based on my half a dozen orders with them so far.
    They have my business when I can swing it. :)
  10. SolarGranola

SolarGranola

That's so weird. I can't get FedEx to STOP leaving stuff on my porch. I always make sure a sig is required and they just put it down as "signed by front porch". This has happened on multiple occasions.
  11. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Sweetwater is great; I'd say that even if they didn't include candy with some shipments. :)
  12. B String

B String Supporting Member

I thought it was just me, and then I saw this thread.
    Sweetwater seems to be trying to be the music retail king by giving as good a deal as anyone and ridiculously good service.

I read in an earlier post that they made some guy feel like a king just for ordering strings. I had the same experience and I was only ordering a clip on tuner. Good company.
  13. pflash4001

pflash4001

I have sung the praises of Sweetwater for a while now. They are really knowledgeable, they really take the time to listen to your needs and find the best solution to your problems rather than jamming something you may not need down your throat, and they follow up on sales. I love their service and the candy thing is cool...sort of...well, I AM diabetic...but my kids loved it!
  14. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass Supporting Member

I'm another happy camper with Sweetwater.

I ordered a brand new $3000 Fender Custom Shop Jazz from them, and the bass was absolutely perfect when it arrived. Customer service was top notch as well.
  15. MOTORHEADBANGER

MOTORHEADBANGER Supporting Member

16. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    Considering that the online buying choices now consist of Sweetwater, 8th street music, Northern Sound and Light, and (50000 other sites all owned by the same price-fixing bullshoot megacorp), it is pretty easy to make all my purchases from one of those first 3.
  17. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually Gold Supporting Member

Reminded me of this. I love Sweetwater. I'm in sales so I really appreciate their approach and support them as often as I can.

[​IMG]
  18. Vanceman

Vanceman

First order came with candy. I thinking wth, so I threw it out. Next order comes with candy, my wife says "It's from SWEETwater, moron." I get it...

Great service, nice catalog, I keep it next to the throne.
  19. mellowinman

mellowinman

Huh, I go into their store sometimes, and they are the most stuck up, ridiculous bunch of arrogant wienies I've ever run into. I usually just go to Guitar Center.

Maybe they treat you better when it's not in person.
  20. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

I live a one day ship from them.

I buy strings ,cleaner ,bought an amp (gk rb400 IV) and a few other odds and ends...

Have had the same sales engineer for years.

I have zero complaints .....